February 14, 2020

Friday - Clear then rainy

I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I got up and did my usual morning things. I think I snoozed a bit on NCIS though. Oh well. 

I did hear K bopping around this morning. That was good, but we didn’t ever cross paths. Just the way I like it! 

Somewhere in the morning, I got the bright idea that I should fix F’s jeans again. One of the pairs that I fixed the pocket has developed a rip on the left thigh. I decided that I could probably fix it today.  So, I did.  It took a while and it isn’t perfect, but it’ll keep out the cold air and hopefully last until he gets new jeans!

It took about 3 hours to do it all. I also did something a little bit funny I think. I used some novelty cloth that I had to make the patch. F likes a cartoon series in Japan called “Ge ge ge no Kitaro” and I had a piece of cloth with animated characters from the show. I cut the patch so that his favourite character is in the middle and it looks like he is peeking out of the hole!
The character looks like an eyeball, and the hole makes it look like an eye in his jeans! Or does it?

F got back from work a bit late and was really tired. He gave me some chocolate and some cookies that he picked up for my Valentine’s Day present. Yay! I gave him the rest of the chocolate that I had bought for him. 

He didn’t want to do anything for a while and didn’t change his clothes either. I didn’t want to tell him what I’d done, so I just let him get dressed in his own time. He threw on his jeans finally and we went down to make dinner. It wasn’t until we were getting ready to eat that he noticed the patch on the jeans!  I think he liked it, but I’m not sure!

We had nabe again for dinner. I used consommé cubes for the soup and F raved about it. He always uses some Japanese stuff and it has no taste to me, this is better. He’ll probably have forgotten about it all next time though.

Most of the nabe disappeared. It was quite nice. I cleared the table and put away the leftovers for K’s lunch tomorrow or whenever, and dried the dishes. F was washing them again.

After dinner, I was hoping to go out for a little, even just for coffee, but F wasn’t interested in going. I watched some TV, some YouTube and then before 10 pm I checked to see if he wanted to go out. The answer was still no, so I changed into my pyjamas so that I could go downstairs and take a shower. Then, F started to ask if I wanted to go out. Honestly. I just rolled my eyes at him.  

I took my shower and then came back upstairs. We had a very quiet night. F went to bed early, he might even be sleeping. I watched The Walking Dead tonight and even watched one episode this afternoon. That means that I have seen 3 episodes today, which feels a bit much! I love the show but it is a bit gruesome.

Anyway, that’s it, Valentine’s Day is over for another year. I’ll be eating my chocolate for a day or two, probably! Tomorrow could be a busy day. I have another dental appointment and I hope that we can go to a movie in the evening if I’m up to it. Come back later if you will and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: