February 26, 2020

Wednesday - Rainy and a bit snowy

Will I ever stop writing 2019?  Every time I write the date, it flies from my fingers as 2019 and not 2020.  Sigh.

I got up this morning after F left for work. I woke up when he was leaving, but managed to stay mostly asleep. I had quite a quiet morning. I had planned to do some laundry, but when I got my stuff down to the machine, it had some stuff from somebody else. I thought it was my mil’s at first, but then I realized it was my husband’s. I left it where it was. 

I had a pretty quiet day in the afternoon too. I had a smaller, lighter lunch than usual as I was having a big dinner, or I thought I was.  

Just before 4 I got dressed and went outside to meet my friend. Of course, I could have waited inside, but I wanted to get out of the house. My friend showed up about 2 minutes later, so it was good timing!

We went off to Pisolino and had an okay meal. It’s an Italian buffet restaurant, so we both had an order of pasta and shared a pizza.  My friend is a little constrained by what she’s able to eat and I’m not able to have anything too hard or with tomato sauce in it, so there was a bunch of stuff I couldn’t have. There was quite a bit on my plate surprisingly.  

We had a nice meal and got to talking. The upshot is that I will be teaching some of her classes for her next month.  She’s trying to use up her holidays and needs someone to cover for her. I think it’ll be interesting and good for me to get out of the house.

Around 9 pm we left the restaurant. Unbelievably, there were people who had been in the restaurant even longer than we had!  She dropped me off at the house and I went in.

F was downstairs and we had a nice reunion. He didn’t want to go out as he was tired, so we came back upstairs. I talked about the times of the classes, I think things will be okay, as long as I don’t get that stupid virus (Covid-19).  Apparently, I do have to wear a mask in some of my classes. I don’t mind too much, it is just that my glasses fog up when I do.

I watched a bit of TV tonight, the news I taped earlier and the hospital drama I’m watching. Both were fine.  

Not sure what I’m going to do tomorrow, but it will probably involve making soup and doing laundry!

F may contact my dentist for me, so there’s a faint chance I’ll have to run off to see her too. 


So that was my day. A little different than it has been for a while. Come back later and see what tomorrow brings. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Is there a lot of fear about the Covid-19 virus in Japan right now? There is here in the U.S. but our moronic president is downplaying the seriousness of it. But it's expected to hit us soon and to be pretty bad.

I also have the problem with glasses steaming up with masks. That plus the claustrophobic feeling of wearing a mask is terrible! But better safe than sorry!

Helen said...

There is a lot of fear about Covid-19. Schools and a lot of public gatherings like graduation ceremonies are either being cancelled or greatly curtailed. The government bungled the whole Diamond Princess situation in Yokohama but won't admit it. Masks have been sold out for weeks in shops.

Sadly, I don't think the masks are to protect me, I have the feeling they are to protect the students from my foreign germs! Well, it might work both ways, I'm hoping!!