February 27, 2020

Thursday - Rainy and a bit snowy

The first thing I remember from this morning is that F said he wasn’t going to go to work. He said he didn’t feel well and would take the day off. Sigh.

I did my usual stuff, except that I had to get dressed early to take out the garbage because F was still in bed. Took two minutes, no big deal.

I watched the news from the bed and then got up and redressed. F called my dentist’s office and I went downstairs to do laundry after telling him that I wasn’t able to do it yesterday because someone (him) left stuff in the washing machine. I had too much to leave it for another day. I came back and what I understood was we could pop into the dental clinic at any time to get the temporary crown put back on.

I had a fairly normal morning except F and I kept rubbing each other the wrong way. He was supposed to be at work today, and away tomorrow night. He cancelled his attendance at the party he was going to and is coming back to the house after work. 

I got very sleepy around noon, so took a nap and then had my lunch. F went downstairs to get his lunch and then I came back to the room. I ate and then went downstairs and washed my dishes and came back to the room to get dressed.  The next thing I knew was F started yelling at me about taking too long and being late for my appointment…the one that I didn’t know he’d made. Apparently, he’d made a two o’clock appointment for me at the dentist’s office without telling me. I kept telling him that I didn’t know he made an appointment and he yelled at me that he told me. He didn’t. 

All the way to the dentist’s office he yelled at me for being late and rude and at one point ordered me out of the car. I started yelling back that I didn’t know I had an appointment and that he didn’t tell me.  He could have said something at 1:30 when it was obvious that I wasn’t getting ready to go out, but nope. He didn’t. 

He tried to just dump me at the dentist’s office but I demanded that he give me some money as I didn’t have any. He then basically asked me what I spent the money on for my Niigata trip. It was quite bad. He finally said that he had to go to the bank and left me. 

I went into the dentist’s office and apologized for being late. I like my dentist and since she was doing me the favour of seeing me on such short notice, I obviously would never knowingly be late for an appointment.

Anyway, for the next hour and a half or so I was worked on. Instead of just replacing the temporary crown, she put the permanent crown on. It wasn’t just her, it was one of her assistants that did the majority of the work. I was quite numbed up, so a little bit groggy when I was finished. F had calmed down quite a bit (being around other people seems to do that) and we went back to the house for a while.

I watched the 4 pm news and then climbed into bed for a nap.  I got up an hour later. K was eating downstairs, I think she had made something for herself. A few minutes later F asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner and I said it was okay if it was something soft like pasta or udon. Most of the freezing was gone, but my mouth was still a bit tender.  I also asked if we could go by the post office to mail something to my sister.

We went to Udon-ichi and had a very nice simple meal of udon. I had mine with a steamed rice dish, F had tempura and udon.  

After we ate, we went to the post office…and they had just closed. But, the lady came out of the office and took my package.  She came back and told me how much it was…I paid and off it went. Yay!  It was just after the After Hours window closed, so she really didn’t have to serve me. It was very nice of her.

We did some shopping at the grocery store, and came back to the house. We stayed in tonight. Things have gradually become more friendly, but I just don’t understand why F thinks I would purposely be late for an appointment. That isn’t my kind of thing. 

I’m also quite annoyed and saddened that F isn’t going to his party. He does this over and over again. I know that there is the dread virus out and about, but that really has nothing to do with him not going. He just doesn’t want to. I think I get to have a nice quiet night to myself and instead, I get to share it with him. I probably will have a quiet night, after all, he spends all of his waking time with YouTube these days, so I shouldn’t worry.


Come back later if you feel up to it and find out what happens on Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: