March 20, 2020

Friday - Rainy and mega windy

I went to bed quite late last night so I didn’t plan to get up early. I woke up but went back to sleep. F came back somewhere around 10 I think. He got into bed and went to sleep. He mumbled something about being hungover. 

I got up to stay around 11 am. F slept on. Finally around 2 I went downstairs and grabbed something for my lunch. I was a bit upset with F sleeping so late, but it really didn’t matter that much.

I went back for a nap around 4 pm but set my alarm to ring at 5. When it went off, F suggested that we make a nabe for dinner. We’d have to go and get the ingredients though.  We did that!  

F made the nabe and I did many of the peripherals, setting the table, getting the drinks out, cleaning up the mess that F had made on the stove earlier in the day. 

We’d bought a spicy soup base for the nabe so it was really nice. F had even bought udon to go in it at the end, and that was nice too. We all ate a lot of the nabe and I think we ate it all. 

We did the dishes and went upstairs for a couple of minutes. Then we went out.

We went to our local cinema and saw Knives Out. I’d almost seen it in Canada, but no one wanted to see it with me. It was…okay. I thought it would be a little funnier. I enjoyed it, but I didn’t love it. 

After the movie, I didn’t want to go back to the house so I asked F if we could go for a drink or a dessert. He said it was okay and we ended up at Gusto. It was very quiet there too. We shared an order of fries and an order of kara-age. We each had a chocolate cake with soft ice cream too, and drink bar of course. We’d used coupons on our phone so things weren’t too expensive. 

We came back to the house after midnight. I watched a little bit of TV off the DVR and F went to bed. He’s still tired!


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. We might do some laundry, we might go out. Come back later if you like and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: