March 21, 2020

Saturday - Clear but windy

I went to bed insanely late last night, and I slept in rather insanely late this morning. F was awake and using his computer when I finally woke up to stay.

He gave his mother some food. I like that he makes lunches for her on the weekend, I don’t like that he never puts the dishes away afterwards.  Still, not a big deal. 

While he did that, I stripped our bed and folded up most of the stuff. I got it ready to go out.  We bagged it up a little later and went out.  First, we had lunch at Arpeggio. It’s a little shop on Ginza-Dori. They have Japanese food, but it is quite a nice place. I told F that I didn’t want to go there every weekend, but I didn’t mind a couple of times a month. I had the chicken soboro which F called Gapao rice today. He’s very nearly correct. The same type of dish, just not very spicy.

After lunch, we drove off to Voice and went to the laundromat that we both like. We were able to get a couple of washing machines and washed our bedding, plus a few extras. After that, we dried it. It took about an hour to get everything dried. I read some of a couple of books, so did F.

We came back to the house via the good bento shop. We got a nice bento for K and brought it back to the house. F gave her the bento and I went upstairs and got a head start on making the bed. I had the mattress protector on and the fitted sheet and then I remembered we should turn the mattress. Ack. I just spun it around. F finally came upstairs to help and we got the rest of the bed made fairly quickly. I’m not sure how long it will be cool enough to use the big quilt that I use.  Even today, I kicked part of it off as I was overheating.

When we had made the bed, we left again. We drove out to Mikawa to the Mall. It was quiet there, not a lot of people around 6:30 tonight. We bought our tickets for the movie and then went to find our dinner. We both had bibinba at the food court. They were good, but the stone bowls weren’t as hot as we like.  Still, our movie tickets got us free drinks, so that was good.

We went to see Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn.  I liked it a whole lot more than I thought I would, but it had a ton of bad language. I’m not sure if I disliked that because it was women using it (is that sexist of me to say that?) or just because it seemed overkill?  Margot Robbie was great and it was fab to see Rosie Perez in something again. She lights up the screen with her presence. I’d like more about the other Birds of Prey too.

After the movie, we came back to Tsuruoka. F wanted to get some yakitori but the place had closed so we hit up a conbini. We got some chicken there and also a couple of ice creams.  We came back to the house. I ate my chicken and so did F. I ate my ice cream and then took my shower. F took a shower after me, came back up to the room and realized that he hadn’t eaten his ice cream. I think it was soup by then!

I watched a couple of episodes of BH90210 and thought they were funny. I’ve taped more episodes, will try and watch them later. I’ve also been offered a few more classes to teach next month. I think I’ll do it as I could use the money!

Anyway, that is it. No plans yet for tomorrow. I’m not sure if we’ll stick around the house or not. If we do something it’ll probably be something that keeps us away from crowded places. I hope!


Come back later if you like and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: