March 30, 2020

Monday - Cloudy and cool

I woke up this morning as usual, but actually stayed awake when I watched the news. I got up a few minutes earlier than I have been getting up and I stayed awake too. Woot.

I did a couple of big loads of laundry and hung them up. I caught a lot of Harrow on D-life. They put on the entire season today. I watched the last episode, but I still have it on tape so may re-watch it.

I got a message from the woman that I’m covering for at work and she asked me to check the textbook that I was using. She might need it back for tomorrow’s class. As I hadn’t prepared anything yet, I decided to do that. I planned one of the two classes for Thursday, then she didn’t need the book after all. No worries then.

I went downstairs around 5 pm to get a start on dinner. I wanted to make guacamole, but the first avocado I opened was as hard as a rock inside. I didn’t open the second one. I sliced up the avocado and baked the slices.  

The other part of the meal was quesadillas. I made two kinds, a tuna and salsa mix one and a chopped chicken one. They were both good and I managed not to burn any. As I made them, I put them in the toaster oven to keep warm.

Finally, I managed to get all the food and all the people in the same room at the same time, so we had a nice little meal. We had tortilla chips with salsa, the baked avocado slices and the quesadillas. Oh, there was a salad too. Almost everything disappeared!  It was good. The quesadillas were quite popular, even with K. I wasn’t sure if she’d like them or not.

F and I did the dishes. We didn’t have a pressing reason to go out tonight, so I asked F what he’d like to do. He requested that we watch Tonari no Totoro and I thought it was a fun idea. Heaven knows I could do with a little light entertainment!  We put on the DVD and F finally figured out how to up it in English with Japanese subtitles.

It was as charming as ever and I loved it. I did a bit of crochet during it and loved that too! 

I watched a bit more of Sherlock and then I took a shower. It’s been a quiet evening here and that’s probably a good thing. 

Tomorrow I have another lesson to plan and a meal to cook.  Come back later if you like and see what happens. Until tomorrow….


No comments: