April 5, 2020

Sunday - Sunny, then rainy

We slept in this morning but it was fine. I woke up just before my alarm went off and in the minute for me to realize where I was and what was happening, I had to switch off my alarm, answer F’s questions about one of his apps and run downstairs to the washroom. Crazy!

A little later, after I had woken up again, we decided to go out for lunch. I suggested a couple of places, F liked one, so I asked him to call and make sure they had a place for us. They did.

K, F and I bundled into the car and headed to Arpeggio again. There was one family in the restaurant, we sat across the restaurant from them. We had a nice lunch. F had the daily fish, I had the half steak, and K had my usual, the chicken soboro. We enjoyed our meals. We took K back to the house and went in for a while ourselves. 

After a bit, we went shopping again. F’s nephew’s son is starting school soon and F wanted a present for him. We went looking. Most of the stores that might have had things were closed today, but in S-Mall we found a few things. I found a nice gift envelope in one place but decided to check out more shops upstairs. In the book shop, we found the right kind of card. F and I also looked at the other things and we got him a little present. We looked at the hundred yen shop but didn’t get anything and then F suggested having a drink in Doutors. We did. 

We had a look in the grocery store and I picked up some meat for the next couple of days and a few other groceries. F wasn’t too happy with some of the stuff so refused to buy it. On the way back to the house I remembered that I hadn’t bought yogurt, so we went to the local grocery store. We picked up some yogurt and a few other things. There weren’t any great bentos on offer, so we decided we’d order them online.

We ordered the bentos, then dropped off the groceries at the house. Some of it was frozen. We drove over to the bento place but made a detour into the bulk food place. I picked up a few things there and then we got our bentos. 

We came back to the house and ate. Mine was okay. I’d had a chicken namban and ginger pork set and it was fine. F had fried chicken and his looked good. K had a fish bento but didn’t eat most of it, so she’s good for lunch tomorrow!

F and I had a quiet night in tonight. We watched the end of a Spiderman movie and then The Big Sick. We’d seen it a year or two ago, but I wanted to see it again. I liked it just as much as I did before.

And really that’s about it for the day. We took showers tonight…so glad I finally got that hairspray out of my hair….and I watched something else off the DVR. Tonight there’s about 5 episodes of Project Runway, so I really wanted to clear room on the disk. Tomorrow I’ll either be watching Project Runway or The Walking Dead…I need the room on the DVR!


Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: