April 6, 2020

Monday - Rainy and cold

I went to bed at a decent time last night, in fact, I think I settled in before F did. It was still late, but not my late!

This morning, the kerosene heater was empty, so I knew when I did get up I would have to fill it up. I stayed in bed watching the news and then found that Frozen was on, so watched a bit of that too. I went downstairs finally, filled up the kerosene tank and got my breakfast. Then I watched the rest of the movie. I almost watched Shazam afterwards but decided to watch some of the Project Runway I had DVR’d. I did watch the end of Shazam again. I like that film!

I had a really quiet day today. I had recorded 5 episodes of Project Runway and watched them all. I don’t binge-watch like that very often, but it was fun. I didn’t do much else sad to say!

Around 5 pm I went downstairs to get a start on dinner. I did rather a lot. I made a salad with a Korean style dressing on it. I had to wash the lettuce and oh my goodness, it was so dirty! I was surprised as the usual produce here is very clean. I also got my ingredients for the other part of dinner, gapao rice, ready. After F came back to the house I got busier. I cooked the meat, cooked the rice, and even fried 3 eggs. Of course, I didn’t do that part well, but I tried!  I should have taken them out sooner as they were overdone.  Anyway, dinner was great and got good reviews. F even gave me a hand with washing the dishes and wasn’t too annoying about it tonight.

After dinner, the two of us went out. I’d used the last of the eggs to make our dinner, so we needed more and also some sesame oil. I use it fairly often in cooking food here. I did talk him into going for coffee first. While we were in the coffee shop I found out that Tsuruoka has now had a Covid-19 patient. He told me that he didn’t know if he should tell me. Well, umm, yes!  I found out from Facebook when all the restaurants that I follow wrote about closing for a while!

We had our coffee, then got some groceries and then came back to the house. 

I watched a programme off the DVR and then turned off the TV. F went to bed a little while ago and I’m trying not to stay up too late. 


That was basically my day. Come back later if you like to hear how Tuesday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: