May 19, 2020

Tuesday - Cold and rainy

I woke up this morning when my alarm went off and got up. I came back to the room after a few minutes and then watched the news. I did take a bit of a snooze this morning, but it was a short one. 

I got up and dressed. When I went downstairs I took a basketful of laundry with me and put it in the washing machine. Then, I went into the kitchen and started to work on dinner. I got out my slow cooker and used a soup mix that my sister gave me for Christmas. I got everything set up and then went upstairs with my breakfast and my laundry. I ate and then hung up my clean but wet clothing!

I had a quiet afternoon today. I didn’t watch too much TV, I did watch a little YouTube and I didn’t see much of K at all. I didn’t hear her either which was strange.

Around 5:30 I went downstairs to do my dishes and work on the rest of dinner, and then F called. I asked him for buns or a nice loaf of bread. When he got to the house though, everything was nearly ready. He did have some buns, not what I would have picked, but, all in all, just fine to have on the side with the soup. I told F that dinner was nearly ready and if he wanted to change he should do that. He went to the toilet instead. And he stayed there for 20 minutes or more. I got a little bit annoyed so I put out soup for K and I. I put a little out for him too, and then I got K to start eating her dinner too. Finally, F came back. 

Dinner was good and the soup was great. K didn’t want seconds, and neither did F, but I did! I had some and then put the dishes in the kitchen.  F helped with that tonight and he also washed the dishes, mostly before I had even finished putting all the unfinished food away. Sigh. Still, I did dry them all and then I washed and dried my slow cooker too.

I had asked F to take me out so we could do a little grocery shopping. We went over to MaxValu and immediately saw his sister and her husband.  Well, I had a hard time seeing anything as my glasses had fogged up, but it was nice to see her.  

We got food for a few days and then came back to the house. We had a quiet time when we came back. I took a shower around 11 and then watched some TV at midnight. F is actually asleep by the sound of it, and I am glad. He’s been staying up too late and isn’t sleeping enough. 

Anyway, that’s about it for me. Tomorrow I have to figure out what I’m going to do about dinner…I’m thinking nice lentil/bean soup plus baked potato, but you never know what I decide to do!  Come back later if you will and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: