May 24, 2020

Sunday - Hot and sunny, rainy at night

Yesterday, I mentioned that I was supposed to meet up with my friend in the next town. I was really looking forward to it, but…I woke up with a sore throat. Oh, dear. In this current climate, I decided to bite the bullet and cancel our meetup. My friend works and taking time off if she’s sick is difficult, so I didn’t want to be the person to pass on something.  

I ended up going back to bed for a couple of hours. I didn’t think that I would sleep a lot more, but I did!

When I got up later, F was still hanging out around the house.  After a while, I went downstairs and toasted a couple of bagels for us. F just had butter on his, I had butter or peanut butter on mine.  Yay me. 

He went out to get his hair cut and then when he came back I insisted that we go out. I wanted to get a new pair of headphones for myself. My old pair is literally wearing out. The foam on the earpieces is tearing and the wires are starting to show through the cover. 

We looked all over the store for the headphones and I was finally able to find some that I liked. I don’t like in-ear headphones, so I am quite picky.  I picked up a pair of headphones. They look okay, but I don’t think they’ll last too long.

After the electronic shop, we went to a big grocery store nearby. We bought some stuff for tonight. We got bentos for everyone plus some side dishes as the bentos were small. We came back to the house and then F and I got dinner on the table. 

Dinner was okay. K took the last of the pasta salad. I didn’t mind personally, I just thought she might have wanted it for tomorrow’s lunch. She never thinks of that though. F did wash the dishes tonight, and I dried and put them away.

I came upstairs and tried to relax for a while, but every time I was nearly there, F would ask me something and got me jittery again. He needed something photocopied and then he needed it copied again as he did the wrong thing. Argh! I keep a bunch of stuff on my copier so I had to keep moving it. I wasn’t too happy with him!

Later on, he sent me a message (that answered one I sent him in the store). I went over to spend some time with him and then he asked me if I wanted to go out to the store. I didn’t really, because I was in my pyjamas, but then I thought it could be fun, especially since he promised me ice cream! 

We went out, he mailed an envelope and we got some ice cream and then came back to the house. I went back to my computer and F had a couple of beers and sort of fell asleep. It is so hot up here in the room that I am dreading trying to sleep tonight. We closed the window because there was a big thunderstorm earlier. 

Well, that’s about it for me. No idea what will happen tomorrow, please come on back and find out! Until tomorrow….

No comments: