May 25, 2020

Monday - Sunny and warm
(Sorry, this didn't get posted on time...I hit save instead of publish and didn't notice.)

I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I was rather surprised as it seemed that I had just gone to bed! 

I got up, watched the news and after a bit dressed. I made the executive decision not to do laundry today. I went downstairs to grab my breakfast just in time to see K come out of her bedroom and start getting dressed. 

I had been planning to make myself some porridge, but I changed my mind. Maybe tomorrow? I brought my breakfast upstairs and I rewatched Project Runway. I still like it, even without Tim and Heidi.

I had a quiet day today. I watched a couple of things off the TV and then remembered that I hadn’t worked on my second mask in a bit. I did a little bit more today. I sewed on the loops for my ears. This one is a little different from the other one I did. I couldn’t find elastic anywhere. I tried cutting a wider elastic that I have narrower, but it started fraying and then the elastic bits came out. Not going to use that!

Around 5:30 F Facetimed me and said that he was on his way back. I asked him to pick something up for dessert and I went downstairs to start dinner.

In the kitchen, I discovered that K was cooking something. She was steaming or frying her “fuki”, a stalk that she likes to eat from the garden. The thing was, it smelt terrible and I was worried it was burning. As I was planning to make dinner I needed the hotplate too. There are only two after all.  I did my few dishes first and then asked her to look at her pan. I think I asked her at a good time as some of the bits around the edge looked a little dark brown.

I got my pans on and started heating the water for the pasta. I wasn’t sure when F was going to be there. I also preheated the oven for the bread that I had bought at Costco. They had half-baked buns that you could finish off at the house…warm crusty bread with dinner?  Yes please.  Things went well except after F arrived…he just irritated me. I asked him to pick a pasta sauce, he did, no problem, then when I was running around doing things, I asked him to check on the pasta. He acted like it was udon and he grabbed a strand with chopsticks, dipped it in water and then ate it. All he had to do was take one piece out with the spaghetti fork thing…. 

I had the table set, I baked bread, I mixed the pasta with the sauce and despite the fact that I had asked F for help, he didn’t help. At all. 

I brought the pasta to the table and asked him if he’d like to grab his shrimp himself or if he’d like me to just give him some. He said it was a difficult question. I said it wasn’t but gave him some. Then he did one of his patented “I can’t eat anything” bits and left the table. He left everything on his plates too. So annoying. He went upstairs.

I finally got K to sit down and gave her some food. She was much easier to deal with than F.  I went to see if F would come down but he wouldn’t. Stomach troubles apparently. I reminded him I needed to go out after dinner.

K and I ate. The food was quite nice. She was watching some sort of game show…I did okay at the questions…it was a name the picture kind of thing. We had dessert too. We had raspberries and vanilla ice cream, the ice cream that F had brought for us. 

I did all of the dishes afterwards. There were a lot and I was so not impressed. The only good thing was that I had a couple of interesting podcasts to listen to.

When I finished, more than 40 minutes later, the kitchen was reasonably tidy, the microwave had been wiped a bit inside, the stove had been wiped and all the dishes put away. 

I went upstairs where F was either sleeping or pretending to. I went over to my desk and spent the next while watching some YouTube and doing computer stuff.

F roused himself around 9:45 and we went out to MaxValu. I picked up a few things for dinner and he picked up a bunch of fish and natto and noodles…your basic nightmare for me. I’m not going to be cooking for him for a few days. I’m sure I’m getting the rotten end of this stick, I have to cook for his mother. 

We came back to the house, I took a shower. He was supposed to take one too, but didn’t. I’m sure he’s going to weasel himself out to the onsen soon. 

And, that’s about it. It hasn’t been a great day as you can tell. No idea what I’ll get up to tomorrow and I have no idea what I’m going to cook either. Oh well then. 

Come back later if you like and see what I get up to then. Until tomorrow….

No comments: