May 29, 2020

Friday - Warm and Sunny

I woke up this morning around 8:30. I got up and turned on the TV and watched the news. It was nice. I did snooze afterwards, but F was in bed too. I did say hello to him, but I didn’t get an answer.

F had suggested going out for lunch today, so I got up around 10 and started to get dressed, and also to check my emails and such. He popped out to get his mother something to eat and I finished getting dressed. I don’t think he was sure that I would be dressed when he came back, but of course, I was. We drove over to Nagomi and had a lovely lunch there. We had soba, mini-keisendon with some tempura and miso soup. It was very good. I was stuffed afterwards.

After lunch, we talked a bit about what to do. I suggested going to see a movie and ran the different times past F. We noticed that there was a film playing in 40 minutes or so that we could make at Mikawa if we went right away.  We decided to do it.

We went in, got temperature checked, bought our tickets and then left again. We had about 20 minutes to wait and there was nowhere to sit and not much to do there. F wanted to go to the food court and he ended up buying himself some yakisoba and half an okonomiyaki. I didn’t understand it at all! We’d just eaten, and it was lovely and stuff that he’d asked for and then he needed total junk from the kiosk in the mall?

We went to see Bloodshot with Vin Diesel. It was pretty cool. It wasn’t a great movie, but for a leave your brain at the door and see some fighting and some cool effects movie it was okay. It was kind of a rip off of Universal Soldier to be honest. I still prefer Universal Soldier…in my younger days I was a huge Jean Claude Van Damme fan. Okay, I still kind of am but…I freely admit that Vin Diesel is a better actor than JCVD!

After the movie, we went over to Don Quixote and picked up a few things. F wanted to get a special lens to put on his iPhone but didn’t actually want to buy it. We got some snacks and things for the kitchen.

We went back to the house after this and relaxed for a bit. F was tired, he might have snoozed a little.

Around 5:30 I said that we really should think about dinner. He suggested bentos for all of us and I was okay with that. He ordered and then we left to pick them up. I asked that we detour a little to the Gyomu Super near the bento place. I was looking for a few things. I got some, but not all. I did pick up a few things that went into the freezer and in the fridge, so that was good. 

When we got back to the house, we all ate. The bentos were quite good. F and I both had bibinba, but I had mine with extra meat, and he had his with an egg. K got a makanuchi bento, which looked okay. For the first time in ages, I really liked my bento. Afterwards, F and I did the few dishes. 

We went upstairs and just relaxed. F was on the bed and I was at my computer for a while. I went over to the bed for a while and spent time with F before I took a nap! I woke up around 11 and went downstairs and took a shower.

When I came upstairs, F was getting ready to sleep and I watched a bit of TV. I’m up a bit late watching YouTube and blogging.  

It was a good day. Tomorrow F has to go into work for a few hours and then I’m not sure what will happen when he finishes. I hope he has a good day. I’ll be here at the house at least until he gets back.

Come back later if you are able and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: