May 30, 2020

Saturday - Warm and Sunny

I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. It went off around 8 am this morning, so I was up fairly early for a Saturday. Poor F was up much earlier so he could go to work.

I watched the day’s news, deleted it, and then watched Downton Abbey, which was as great as always. I got up and dressed, then I took a small load of laundry downstairs and put it through the washing machine. I hung it up when it was done. I basically just washed the new cotton that I bought yesterday so I can start making masks when I like.

I had a quiet morning and was enjoying myself. A friend emailed and asked if I could do a video chat later in the afternoon, but I said that I could go now as F wasn’t due back until 2 or 3 pm. She said that would be okay and just then I heard the car pull into the yard! I felt really bad and I had to tell my friend that I couldn’t chat after all. 

F wanted to go out immediately to try and have lunch at his favourite fish shop. I was game to try, but I did gently try to ask him why he didn’t just call me from the office before he left so that I would have been ready to go when he arrived.  He didn’t really listen.

We went to the fish restaurant and it was good, but they didn’t have their weekly lunch special on today because it was the weekend. (I had suggested to F that they might not have it.  I love being right!) After the meal, we did a little bit of shopping.

We first hit up the grocery store and the bank machine, then S-Mall. In S-Mall, I looked for a new soap dispenser but didn’t find one. I got a couple of things at the hundred yen shop, then went downstairs and F and I had a drink at Doutors.  

We followed that up with some grocery shopping in the mall. We got things for dinner, and they were also selling Costco Muffins. We got a box of six chocolate chip muffins…they were huge. 

We came back to the house around 5 and just relaxed for a while. It was close to 7 when I suggested to F that we go downstairs and put dinner on the table.  We did that. We had a good meal. We had some chicken, some tofu, some bifun salad, beets, and some potato croquettes.  I washed a few strawberries for dinner that F’s aunt brought by yesterday too.  I suggested that he make some coffee and he did.  We ate, and then when it was dessert time, we heated up one of the muffins, cut it into three and put it on top of the strawberries. Or we tried to. K had eaten her berries already.  It was nice. F had thought I was crazy before dinner wanting to share one muffin three ways, but he agreed after he had his bit! I do know what I’m talking about!

After dinner, F and I did the dishes and then came upstairs. I watched a really weird British reality show about celebs wanting dates. Of course, I hadn’t really heard about any of the celebs but it was still fun. I didn’t finish the show as there were a lot of episodes, maybe someday! I did a bit of crochet tonight and may even be on my last row of my Spill Shawl!

So that was my day. It was much nicer than most of the days I’ve had lately. I don’t know what we’re going to get up to later. Come on back and find out! Until tomorrow….

No comments: