July 10, 2020

Friday - Cloudy and humid

I got up this morning and F was still here! He was running a little late. He left just after I was awake. I went downstairs, used the ‘loo, and then noticed that the front door was a tiny bit open. Yikes. I closed and locked it.

I came upstairs and watched the news. I fell asleep when it was over though, and woke up a bit later. 

I went downstairs, grabbed my breakfast, came back upstairs and had a couple spoons of my breakfast. I had just put a tea bag in my cup with some water and…the phone rang. It was F. He wanted me to make his thermos up for him. He’d left it behind today. I asked him how long he’d take to get here and he said he would be there soon. Sigh. I yanked the teabag out of my cup and went downstairs. And…he was a good 15 minutes so I could have finished steeping my tea or eating my cereal!!

When he arrived I gave him his flask and he was happy. I came back in the house and locked the door again.

I had a good afternoon today. I watched Jackie Brown finally. I’ve been meaning to for a week or so. It was really good to see it again. Such a cool movie.

I went downstairs around 5:30 to get dinner started. Tonight I did taco rice (F & K) and tacos (for me). We also had a few tortilla chips and salsa, plus a chawanmushi each.  It was pretty good. 

I did half of the dishes tonight, and F came in and washed the rest of them. Woot! I still got to dry them all, but at least he helped today.

After dinner, I basically insisted that we go out for coffee or something. I’ve been asking all week and F has never wanted to go. He didn’t want to go today either, but he did. It was nice. We went over to Komeda Coffee and I had iced decaf. I was very happy to get out of the house for a little.

After our coffee, we went back to the house. We relaxed for a bit and then I took a shower. I cleaned the shower a bit while I was in there. Yay me. When I finished, I came upstairs again and watched a little bit of TV.  I also watched a lot of YouTube tonight! 

And now, I really need to get to bed. It is terribly late and if I want to do anything fun tomorrow I’ll need to catch a few zzz's.  

Come back later if you like and hear all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: