July 11, 2020

Saturday - Cloudy and humid, rainy at night.

We both stayed up very late last night and of course slept in this morning. Well, I did anyway. F went downstairs and gave his mother something to eat.

I finally got up a bit after 12 and demanded that we get lunch fairly soon afterwards! F and I went out and we went to Foodever for the first time in ages. It was good though, not too busy as we went a bit late. I had a bibinba donburi at the meat place, that was good but not as good as their gapao rice was. F had marinated tuna on rice and he was quite pleased with it. Afterwards, we both had teas from the new tea shop. We were too cheap to have tapioca put in them though. I had a raspberry tea drink, F had a Ceylon tea drink.

We walked around the Foodever area and checked things out, then went up to the car. 

I asked that we go out to Mikawa and go to Uniqlo for some shopping for me. We drove out, but before we hit up Uniqlo we hit up Nittori, the furnishings store. We ended up buying a new sheet and a mattress cover for our bed. Woot.  I’ve been wanting to get a new bottom sheet for ages. 

We hit up Uniqlo and I got new slippers, tank tops and a pair of short socks. I might get more later if I like these ones!

We came back to Tsuruoka and bought some soda for K, then picked up bentos for dinner from the grocery store. 

We had dinner and it was good. I had a bento with fried chicken, F had tempura and K had katsu-don. We also had some seaweed salad with it. I did up the dishes, but there weren’t many. K did come in after I’d finished with her bento lid, but I just threw it in the water. I was done and I didn’t want to wash it!

F and I had a quiet evening upstairs. I watched a little TV and got it off the DVR, he did the whole YouTube thing and he also took a shower. 

I relaxed as much as I could and spent much too much time on my computer this evening! 

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. F had thought about going to Costco, but frankly, I don’t really want to. I’m still up at 4:30 am and I don’t want to get up in 4 hours to make that trip. I also don’t think that F is in good enough condition. He’s really not feeling that great. If we’d planned on going for a while I’d be okay with it, but we hadn’t. He just suggested it in the middle of the day. 

Come back later if you like and read all about my day. It might be exciting, but probably not!

Until tomorrow….

No comments: