July 28, 2020

Tuesday - Torrential rain

I tried to go to bed last night and when I went to bed, F started moving around. He wasn’t sleeping well and got up to take some medicine. He was so noisy. I didn’t sleep well last night, I don’t think he did either, which was probably worse.

After I woke up, I watched the news and around about 9:00am I heard a car in the driveway. F was back! I got dressed quickly and then went over to my computer. F was back to rest as he didn’t feel that great. He didn’t really rest, he used his computer again. When I went downstairs to get my breakfast, I discovered that one of F’s nieces was here with her daughter. Of course, no one was wearing a mask to visit Granny. Grrr.  He left around 11:30 I think to go back to work.

While F was here, I did write some of my column. Over the day, I’ve written about 3 films so far, which isn’t bad. I’d like to do 2 to 3 more, we’ll see how it goes.

After F left, we got torrential rain. It was really noisy and bad.  I kept working on my column and then took a break for a bit. I went downstairs around 2 pm to have lunch, and while I was there a warning came over my phone. Unfortunately, the warning was in Japanese so I couldn’t really read it. I emailed it to F to see if we were in danger. He phoned later to say it wasn’t for us. Another part of Tsuruoka was in danger due to the river rising. Oh boy!

I had lunch and watched something off the DVR. I watched the news and then went downstairs. I’d talked to F a couple of times and it sounded like things were okay.

I started to make dinner, or at least, get it prepped. F called to say he was coming, I put the pan on the stove to heat the water, that kind of thing. When he arrived I asked if he’d be eating with us. He asked the menu and he said nicely, that no he wouldn’t. So I made dinner for K and I. We had pasta with pesto sauce, boiled garlic pork sausages, salad and some of the leftover veggies from last night. I had made some barley tea during the day, so we had that to drink. 

K seemed very upset that F wasn’t joining us and rattled off a bunch of stuff at me. She even tried calling him to get him to come downstairs, which he didn’t of course. She seemed rather upset, I’m not sure if she was mad at ME or at HIM.  At the stage where I put food on the table, there wasn’t exactly enough food for F too. I only made two portions of pasta, only cooked two sausages. I wasn’t going to give up my food for F!

Anyway, I did the dishes and put stuff away after our meal. Over the cleanup time, I received two more messages about flooding. 

When I went upstairs and tried to ask F about his mother he was back at being upset with me. Why? He said that I told him he wasn’t welcome at dinner or something?  Huh? I said nothing of the sort but he didn’t listen to me. He did tell me that the alerts weren’t for our area, so that was good.

Things got a bit better over the evening, except F refused to take me out shopping. There is no fresh salad for me for tomorrow, nothing for dinner either. I sure hope F is planning to cook for his mother and himself. I am fairly easy to please and can have something nice, he is not easy to please at all. 

I watched Killing Eve tonight and enjoyed it, then turned off the TV and got stuck in on blogging and even writing a little bit more of my column. I need to work a bit more on the last movie I have written about, but it’ll come soon enough. 

That’s about it for me for tonight. This time of year is really hard on F’s bad back, and he is grumpy most of the time. We had a lovely 4 day weekend, I guess the price I have to pay is him grumping around for the next five days? Not sure it is worth it.

Come back later if you like and hear how Wednesday goes and if we get flooded out (Very unlikely). Until tomorrow….

No comments: