July 29, 2020

Wednesday - Warmer, cloudy but no rain. Yay!

I set my alarm to go off at 7:00 am this morning because F hadn’t set his before he went to sleep. I woke up, made sure he was awake/getting up, and went back to sleep. He didn’t seem terribly grateful to me!

I woke up later and got up. I had my usual morning of news and snooze, then dragged myself out of bed and then downstairs to get breakfast. I brought it back upstairs with me.

I got stuck into my column writing fairly early today and for a change wrote quite a bit. In fact, I’m nearly done! I have to re-read what I wrote, polish it up and then I should be able to send it in by Friday. At least that is the plan.

I had a quiet afternoon. I rewatched Avengers: Endgame and really enjoyed it a lot. It was so much fun until the end. I watched the news after it finished. I was a tad nervous waiting for my husband to come back from work. He was so grumpy last night, what would he be like today?

He came back to the house and said he was really tired. He started to go to bed, but it was around 6:30. There was no food for dinner as we hadn’t bought any last night because someone wouldn’t go out. I gave him a choice of getting bentos for dinner or going out for a meal then getting groceries. He chose the bentos, so we got dressed for going out and went to the not very good grocery store that is near the house.

F grabbed a couple of sushi packs for himself and his mother. There wasn’t much I was interested in. My stomach has been acting up today, so I wanted something that wouldn’t upset it more. I walked away from the bentos, I didn’t care right then. I did get some food for the next couple of nights. I’ll do a stir-fry one night and probably do some tandori chicken on another night. I haven’t decided which to do first though!

I headed back to the bento area and finally grabbed myself a piece of chicken with teriyaki sauce on it, and some deep fried eggplant stuffed with cheese. Those were to share with other people, but most for me!

We came back to the house and F put things away and then I got some of the things we bought heated up. I set the table too and then sat down with K to eat. F joined us soon after. We had dessert afterwards too, courtesy of Costco.  They were little puddings in balloons. It was a fun concept and the pudding was nice!

I did the dishes but didn’t complain about it too much tonight because I didn’t have to cook, and there weren’t many dishes. 

I came upstairs afterwards. I took a shower later and then relaxed with some of my new tea. It was lovely. I watched Grey’s Anatomy and that was about it for my day.

Tomorrow, I have to finish writing my column and I’ll probably make a stir-fry for dinner. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: