September 11, 2020

Friday - Sunny and hot

I had a very quiet morning and afternoon today. I got up, watched the news. I snoozed a little, but did get up and did a couple of loads of laundry. I washed most of the clothes that I’ve been wearing around the house this summer. They really needed it.

I tried to have a relaxing day for the most part, and it was nice. I had a lightish lunch and then came back upstairs. 

I decided to get dressed around 4 pm. I was going to wear something that I hadn’t tried on before, so wanted to try it for a while to make sure it would be comfortable. It was! I had bought leggings in Canada and had never opened the packet. They were great! I am definitely going to wear them again! (And soon!)

I got ready apart from my dress and waited for F to come back. He called from the office and said he was on his way, then he called from the bento place to say he was on his way. Poor thing didn’t get back here until after 6:30 or so.  He had to get dressed really quickly. He decided not to dress up, but I had a hard time persuading him to wear a nice shirt with his jeans. We went through a couple of tight t-shirts and short-sleeved shirts before he settled on a clean shirt.  

He called a taxi and the two of us were off! We went to Susune, a very Japanese restaurant. We had a lovely meal with food that was so beautiful we didn’t really want to eat it…but we did of course! It was lovely. Even things that I didn’t really like were good, which doesn’t often happen.

This was on the table when we arrived, except the little lids on the right were on the small containers.

Sashimi and some lightly grilled fish. 
Slightly sweet fish stew
        

Grilled pork around Japanese long onion.


I was scared of this as I hate turban shell, but it was filled with eryngi mushrooms and other yummy treats.
It was a bit like escargot and I never really found the turban shell's creature!


Tempura, mostly vegetables.

Fish soup and grilled fish. 

Sushi with Miso Soup (Not shown)

Dessert time! Warabi on the left, the syrup is to pour on it. Mikan Jelly with annan dofu pudding at the back,
Japanese Purin (flan?) with a sugar top. All very nice.

Hoji-cha Ice Cream with azuki beans and mochi balls. It came with Hoji-cha tea.

After our gorgeous meal, I tried to ask F to take us somewhere else, but he wanted to come back to the house. He wouldn’t even walk to Starbucks for a coffee. Sigh. Oh well, the poor guy had worked all day, so I can’t really blame him. 

We got a taxi and came back to the house.

F went to bed after a while of YouTubing. I did watch some YouTube but also uploaded pictures of my food to Instagram and Facebook.  I watched a bit of telly and did about 3 rows of my basket, which is going quite well now.

And….that’s about it. I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I hope it’ll be a nice and relaxing day, but who knows?

Come back later if you like and I’ll fill you in on all the details. Until tomorrow….

No comments: