September 12, 2020

Saturday - Sunny, cooler and very windy


I went to bed rather late yesterday and didn’t set a timer for the morning. I woke up around 9:30 and F was still in bed. He’d opened the windows and the wind was really coming in, but it was nice and refreshing.


We had a quiet morning and then around 12 went out to find lunch. We’d decided on a place that was listed in our local food book, but then I double-checked and realized that we couldn’t use the coupon in the book because it didn’t start until 1pm, and we were early. We went to a local coffee shop for a drink and then went to the restaurant.


Lunch was fine. I had oyako-yaki in a shallow pan with rice and miso soup. It was rather nice. F had ramen, of course, so he was happy for a while.


After lunch, I had wanted to go shopping, but F wanted to do something at the house. I got him to promise to take me out later so I could go shopping. He went off to do some grass cutting and I spent time in our room. We did go out around 5, which was good.


We went to the hundred yen shop and I got a few things there. Then, we went over to Yamaya and I got a few things there. We didn’t get too much, but it was still a little expensive. Sigh.


We checked out the hardware shop where I got a couple of things for the house and then went over to the grocery store and picked up some bentos for dinner.


We came back to the house and F heated up the bentos while I changed my clothes. We all ate and had a good meal. I had picked a rice dish with beef, F had yakisoba and fried rice, and K had a rice dish with chestnuts. We had a couple of other things too, plus some of the stuff from the fridge.


When it came to clearing the table, no one helped for ages. F did bring a few things to the kitchen. Then he started washing the dishes. He has the weirdest system ever. He uses whatever water is in the basin, washes in that, puts the “clean” dishes off to the side and then rinses them in water. I have been asking him lately to use hot, clean water but he’s been pushing back on that. He claims that the Japanese government has said that he should use cold water because it helps cool him down. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I like to use water as hot as I can, rinse the dishes off quickly before I put them in the basin, then wash in the water, then rinse and put in the drainer. 


Anyway, we ended up having a fight about washing dishes in hot water. He stormed off and threw my silicon lid on the floor as he went.  I finished the dishes and went upstairs.


He was rude and angry at me still, so I didn’t say too much until later.  Around 9 pm I decided to take a walk. I grabbed my stuff, a little money and went out. I did tell him I was going for a walk and he told me I was stupid. Okay, nice!


I walked to the little temple a couple of blocks away. I wanted to have a moment to remember my parents. Yesterday would have been my mother’s birthday and the anniversary of my father’s death was at the end of last month. I just wanted to “do” something for them.  After a minute or two I walked back to F’s house but took a slightly longer, quieter path. I stopped by a vending machine and got an ice cream! I wasn’t able to get a chocolate one like I wanted, so I had to settle for caramel.  I walked back to the house, past the neighbour's house where it looked like 20 or so people were leaving a party or something! Yikes. I didn’t look too closely. 


Since I came back, I haven’t been spoken to at all. I did find that someone had commented about me going out to the park on Twitter. That was lovely! I usually don’t comment back on his Twitter but I decided to tonight. I wasn’t rude, just stating a fact that I didn’t go to the park. 


So, that’s about it for my night. The daytime was great, but the evening went to heck. We were talking about going to Costco tomorrow, but I’m quite sure that we won’t be now. F is off for the next couple of days so I’m almost certain he’ll be holding a grudge for most of that time. Lucky me!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: