October 24, 2020

Saturday - Rainy with lots of thunder


I went to bed much too late last night, so I didn’t really plan on getting up early this morning! And, I didn’t. I woke up for the first time after 10 am. F had already been out and gone to the doctor! I got up and watched the international news.  After that, I took a nap. I woke up a bit later to an odd sound. F, the &*$#@! had recorded me snoring and was playing it back near my ear. Egads! It was funny, but sort of not. Just after that a big thunderstorm came up. It was the kind of one that shook the whole house.  F said there was even hail.


After 1 we started talking about lunch. We didn’t really have any plans but decided to leave the house. It’s usually a bad idea, but in the car F suggested going to our old favourite Jiro. It was a good idea.  The restaurant wasn’t busy when we went in, so we got a good table in the back and then we had our meals.  F had a Japanese style dish. I had a hamburg with mixed fry. I got a small fish, but I gave that to F. I kept the croquette and a deep fried shrimp. It was quite a nice lunch.


After lunch, we went off to Yamada Denki to look for a new light for the genkan. We didn’t find one. We need a light because the idiot who designed it, didn’t put a light switch in the area. That means that when we go out or come back in, there is no light in the genkan. What a strange idea. We had a lovely battery light with a motion sensor that came on when we moved in that area, but it just stopped working recently. (No proof, but I think someone might have knocked it over or something.) I also looked at headphones vs. earphones, but didn’t buy any. I was thinking about getting wireless headphones that I could wear on a plane, but then I remembered tonight that they frown on using bluetooth on planes! I must do some research.


From the electric shop, we went next door to the hardware shop. They have just opened a kind of hundred yen shop in the store, so F looked at the hardware and I looked at the hundred yen shop. I got a few things, including a little broom and a handle for it. I’m tired of K coming up and sweeping the floor outside my door. If I keep it swept I hope she’ll eventually stop coming. Of course, I also think she’s coming up to snoop, so there’s no stopping that!


We came back to the house and F changed the lightbulb in the bathroom and then did some “cleaning”. I heard him do that downstairs, so I swept at the top of the stairs. I told F that I did and then he grabbed his mother’s broom and did it again. I’m not sure what he was doing. It was so rude. Of course there was a ton of dust that he got up too, but I was rather upset with him. 


We relaxed for a bit and then went out for dinner after 7 pm. I had suggested the curry/ramen place across town and F was okay with that. We went, it was surprisingly quiet, and had a pretty good meal. F had ramen and gyoza and I had curry with chicken cutlets. I liked it, but it wasn’t my favourite thing ever. 


The storm came back while we were in the restaurant and there were some pretty scary claps of thunder. The rain earlier was really bad, but when we left the restaurant it had stopped for a few minutes.


We went to Starbucks again and had a drink. I had a chamomile tea latte and loved it, F had a chai latte and liked it. They’d left out some of the spices because he didn’t want it too sweet, so it wasn’t as good as he hoped. We had a quiet hour or so and it was lovely being out.


After an hour or so, we left and drove back to the house. We had a quiet night in. I watched Bull at 11:00pm and then did some YouTubing and phone playing.  


And that’s basically my day. It was okay even though there was major annoyances from F. Come back later if you like and hear about Sunday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: