October 23, 2020

Friday - Rainy


I had an okay day today. I am really tired right now, so I’m not sure if this is going to make any sense at the moment!


I woke up before my alarm again, half an hour before which was quite surprising. I got up and stayed up mostly. I watched the news but fell asleep on it. I did get up before 10 and did a small laundry load. I had spilled curry on my shirt last night and wanted to wash it right away. It hasn’t come out completely. Boo! It’s one of my favourite shirts too.


Today was quiet. I did start my column, I also realized I don’t have to follow the Journal topic, I’m supposed to be doing my year end review. Woot. Of course, I only saw half of the films I usually do this year, so that is a little depressing. 


When I went down to get lunch, K was in the living room, but still in her PJs.  I was having some leftovers for lunch so I decided to share them with her. I gave her some lentils, chicken and a piece of toast. She seemed quite happy!


I went downstairs again around 3:30 and did my dishes. I also created my marinade for the meat for tonight’s dinner. I put the meat back in the fridge and went upstairs to watch the news. 


F phoned around 5:30 to say he was on his way so I went downstairs and got started on dinner. Tonight I did garlic pork sauté, steamed carrots, and cabbage salad. I had the last of my couscous and F and K had rice and miso soup too.


When I was running around like a crazy woman getting dinner on the table, F decided to help my by putting a bunch of stuff in the basin. I made him stop. No, we do not wash the foam tray from the meat in with everything else. No, we do not throw cooking stuff in with cutlery.  If he was planning to actually do the dishes I might let him have at it, but because he was doing it “for me”…no way.


We ate, and food was good I thought. K seemed to like it. F had a stomachache. They were watching some crap Japanese TV so nobody talked much.


I did the dishes tonight while listening to a couple o podcasts. It helped make the time go quickly and I enjoyed listening.


I came upstairs and relaxed for a while. I even watched an episode of something on AppleTV.  I enjoyed it. After that, I took a shower.


I came back upstairs, watched The Good Wife and then got started on my blog.


I have no idea what we’re going to do tomorrow. I hope that we have a good day, but I’m a little bit worried about it. Come back tomorrow night and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….





No comments: