November 20, 2020

Friday - Very rainy


I got up this morning, went downstairs and came back up and watched the news. I drowsed a bit afterwards, but dragged myself out of bed, dressed, and then started the first of a couple of loads of laundry. I didn’t see K at all. 


I was hanging up a load of laundry when I thought I heard voices downstairs. I didn’t think much about it. A few minutes later I got a call from my husband. F told me that his grandmother had died, so he’d be taking the afternoon off work and would come back to the house as soon as he could.


I finished hanging up my clothes and then folded up my other laundry so that the bed would be clear. 


F came back as he said. We had a hug and then he said that he’d take his mother to the hospital to view the body. I didn’t need to go, I felt that people shouldn’t really go to hospitals in this climate unless they needed to, if that makes sense.  F and K left and I decided to have my lunch while they were gone. I didn’t have a good one for a change, I just had an instant pasta and later a piece of peanut butter toast. 


F and K came back around 4 pm. They’d gone to the hospital and then on to K’s brother’s house.  F told me that the very small funeral will be on Sunday, and hopefully a memorial service next year. 


After 5 pm I went downstairs and started on dinner. It was a fairly simple one from a Japanese point of view, but from mine, not so much!  I tackled yakisoba and had some dishes on the side as well. We had some orange chicken from Costco and also some leftover curry, pasta from last night and my forgotten salad from lunch. I made the yakisoba and it was okay. I underestimated the amount of cabbage I should use, but the carrots that I thinly sliced and parboiled were fine. F was a little pointed about the fact that the noodles were short…apparently, if I massaged the bags of noodles before I opened them, they wouldn’t be so short. Honestly, who cares? Easier to eat I say. Another point is that I tried to get F to come down and give me a hand but he didn’t. I texted him, and then I yelled twice. No F. I finally had to go upstairs where I found him asleep in bed with his earphones in. It took a lot to wake him. I guess I feel sorry for him, it was a difficult day. He woke up and agreed to come down.


I got everything on the table, and then we ate. The food went over quite well, K ate fairly well too. I was worried in case she wouldn’t want to eat, but she said she liked the food. F ate too much and curled up in a ball on the living room floor so I got to do the dishes alone again. Good thing I listened to a couple of podcasts.


After I finished I went upstairs. I wished K a good night first. I think she was surprised. I spent some time on my computer and then got really sleepy. I changed into my pjs and got into bed with F. We had a very PG-13 snuggle. It was really nice. We probably haven’t spent much time together without our various devices for ages so it was about bloomin’ time. I didn’t get to snooze, but it did relax me and wake me up!


I got up and watched my Friday night telly and did some of the stuff I usually do. And that brings me up to date. 


So, the ceremony is on Sunday. F says I don’t have to go and I’m not sure if I’m up to the crematorium procedures anyway. I will look out some black clothes so if he does want me there I can go. She was a very old lady, 103. We had been thinking she was 104, but F revised that today. She had a good life as far as I know.


And that is all that I have to say for today. I’m not sure what if anything we’ll be up to over the next few days, so if I don’t post for a bit, please don’t worry! I’ll likely be back tomorrow though.


Until tomorrow….

No comments: