November 19, 2020

Thursday - Warm and sunny


Today got off to a strange start. I was woken by my phone. It was 7:30 and I didn’t recognize the number. I answered and it was someone calling from Elections Canada checking on my email address! Apparently they’d tried to email me, but it came back, so they phoned me. I gave the guy the info (it has since been followed up by an email) and rung off. 


I got up then and stayed up, more or less. I went downstairs and then went over to my computer and set something up for my women’s group. After I did that, I watched the news that I recorded over night and then I turned the channel and watched a bit of Batman and Robin. It was still pretty terrible!


I got off the bed, made the executive decision not to do laundry today and then went downstairs and grabbed breakfast. 


Upstairs again, I decided to watch the last episode of the British crime drama I watched yesterday. It was really good, BUT at the end, they showed what happened to the real people after the court case in Japanese!  I was so disappointed. They ran it bilingually so why not keep the end information bilingual too? I had to try and use the translate function on my phone but that wasn’t very easy to do. WOWOW…how come there isn’t an email address that I can find to complain? Hmm.


Over the day, I worked on another little ornament, this time in red. It’s going well. After lunch, I put on the last part of a movie I had started on Tuesday. It finished just after the news so I turned over to that.


F called me tonight around 5:30 and I had to hurry downstairs and get started on dinner. I know I should have started earlier, but….I quickly got pots on the stove, broccoli chopped and peeled, shrimp defrosted, mushrooms sliced…lots of stuff. F came back while I was doing all of that and I told him it would be a little while. 


I was working in the kitchen and I heard the phone. My heart skipped a beat or two. K yelled for F to come downstairs, but she wasn’t very loud so I joined in. It was an update about K’s mother’s condition. No change.


We ate dinner and it was rather nice! We had pasta with pesto sauce, garlic shrimp, salad, broccoli, sautéed mushrooms and it got praise from K. F didn’t say much, but he did eat a bit.


I did the dishes and I was quite tired afterwards. I came back upstairs and had a rest for a while. Then, F and I got ready to go out to the grocery store. 


We went over to MaxValu and got some things for dinner tomorrow night. I’m going to attempt Yakisoba. I’ve made it at least once before, but it was a while ago. F is a little shocked that I’m not putting meat in it, but we have another dish that has meat in it. 


And that’s about it. When we came back to the house I took a shower and watched a little YouTube. After that, I wrote this for y’all!


Come back later if you will and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Supagaijin said...

How about you learn some Japanese!

Helen said...

Why on earth would I want to do that?

You don't see that if a TV channel shows English programming in the bilingual format that they should also show the final wrap up in a bilingual format too?

You often come to my blog and say rude things. Why do you bother? Don't you have better things to do with your time?