January 19, 2021

Tuesday - Cold, windy and snowy


When I went to bed last night, it was incredibly windy. It was so noisy. To be honest, it was a little scary. The house was shaking with the wind and I seemed to be the only one who noticed it.


I woke up this morning before F’s alarm. I think it was the wind again. I had to make a run downstairs, and then F got up. As he was dressing I told him to call me if he needed me to come and help shovel the snow.  I woke up later when my alarm went off, but of course, F was long gone.


I was really tired and draggy this morning. I stayed in bed for a while, but I did get up. I even did a load of laundry. I watched Fleabag again and then watched some YouTube stuff. I also had a chat with a friend back in Canada and wrote an email to a long lost friend! 


I went outside around 1 pm to shovel some snow. Brr! It was really too hard to do the steps as it wasn’t snow anymore, it was ice. I did move some snow in other areas, but it was windy and then even more snow came down. 


I went in after trying to make a difference, but not really managing to do so.Too bad, but I did try.


I grabbed lunch and went upstairs and watched last week’s The Good Wife. I watched the news and then after a bit, got a call from F. He said he was on his way, but the car was so cold that the windows were frozen over inside.  I told him to take his time and wait until he could see properly.


I went downstairs and started getting dinner ready for us. Tonight it was easy. I was basically just reheating last night’s curry. I got it on the stove and turned it on as low as I could. I also got some pasta ready to be cooked in another pan. F and K would have rice with their curry as usual, but I wanted pasta. 


By the time F arrived, the curry was piping hot. I heated up rice for K and F, cooked my pasta and got everything out on the table. I thought I’d done a good job, but something went wrong with F’s rice and he had to reheat it! I either put it on for too little time or I changed the microwave power. Oops.  He fixed it for himself.  We had a nice meal. There was salad too.  F and I were able to have seconds, K said she didn’t want any.


I cleaned up after we ate, did the dishes and listened to my podcasts again. I went upstairs and a few minutes later, F came up too.


We left right away and went over to MaxValu. We got some things for dinner for the next couple of days. The store wasn’t very busy, so it was fun to go through.


After we came back to the house, I put the groceries away and then made the decision not to shower tonight. The outside temperature was -3 and tomorrow’s should be 0 at my usual shower time, so it will be a tad warmer then. I realize I’m taking my shower inside, but there’s no heating in that part of the house. 


I watched Prodigal Son and then The Handmaid’s Tale. It was the final show of the third season. It was a humdinger. 


And…that pretty much was my day. I didn’t work on my column today, but I did think about it. Come back later if you like and read all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: