January 18, 2021

Monday - Cold and a bit rainy/snowy


I went to bed very late last night, so I was surprised that I woke up before F did. The reason was his alarm was going off and it didn’t wake him up. I had to touch him to wake him up and he was quite surprised. He apologized and got up, but I was already back to sleep!


When my alarm went off a couple of hours later I did get up. I did my usual morning thing of watching the news, but I may have snoozed through it. I was thinking about joining a Zoom meeting this morning, but I dozed through that too!


I did get up and get moving in time to re-watch Fleabag and enjoyed it as much as usual. After 11 I put on my coat and went outside and shovelled a bit of snow. It wasn’t too bad, but the steps had snow on them. I started in on F’s parking place, but the snow started coming down rather fast and I also slipped. F used slate on the ground for his parking space. When it gets wet or covered with snow it is hella slippery. I was putting snow up on a bank, stepped back slightly to adjust the weight, my foot slipped and down I went. Sigh. I didn’t really hurt myself, although my knee got wet from the snow.


I went inside after a few minutes of shovelling. I did make a difference though.


I grabbed my breakfast and ate it upstairs. I had a fairly quiet afternoon. I watched too much YouTube, but after I ate lunch, I got a good start on my next column. I wrote about two different movies, so that was great.


I went downstairs around 5:30 to get started on dinner. I knew that F would be late tonight, but I didn’t know how late. I made curry and so I had to do a lot of chopping and peeling and whatever first. I got it done and soon all the ingredients were in the pan. They weren’t bubbling though, that put me behind. I had cut down the heat too much, so the cooking part took a bit longer. I got it sorted though and then when I put the curry roux in, I texted F and asked how late he’d be.  He phoned me a few minutes later to say he was done work and would come back soonish.


I got the meal ready for K and I and we ate. The curry was pretty good. K gave it a good review and so did F later. He also had seconds, which is pretty rare! 


While F finished his drink, I got stuck into the dishes and listening to my podcasts. Tonight it was the news and then Kermode and Mayo’s Film Review. I really enjoy listening to them discuss movies. 


When I finished the dishes, I closed the plastics garbage bag and put it in the genkan for F tomorrow. I stuck my head into the living room and told him I was going upstairs.


We had a fairly quiet night up here. We both watched our own YouTube stuff but F went to bed a bit earlier. I’d really like to get a bit more sleep than I did last night, so I’m going to try and get to bed soon. 


Come back later unless you are a troll and hear all about my Tuesday! Until tomorrow….

No comments: