January 21, 2021

Thursday - Sunny and warm


Before I went to bed last night I watched the US Presidential Inauguration. It was wonderful. I don’t think I’ve watched one before. I know I wanted to when President Obama was sworn in, but for some reason I missed it. We are in a different time zone of course, maybe I didn’t have good wifi or couldn’t stream it? I’m not sure.


I woke up this morning with MY alarm. F didn’t wake me up and it was amazing to just sleep that long without waking up. Of course dear husband had already left for work.


I got up, watched some news from my bed a little later and then did some laundry and watched Fleabag. Just a few days ago I was listening to an interview with Phoebe Waller-Bridge where she spoke a lot about writing Fleabag, so I find more depth in what is being said and done on the show.


I hung up my laundry and even went out and cleared a little snow. It was a warm day today, so the first time I went out, I didn’t even wear a jacket or my boots. I was only clearing around the steps, so didn’t want to get geared up.  It was warm enough today that the snow on the roof kept crashing down to the ground. It falls from the genkan roof and covers the steps, that is unfortunate. You have to be careful clearing the snow in case more comes down on you. I had some water dripping down on me, that wasn’t fun. 


I watched some YouTube in the middle of my day and then had lunch. I watched something in the afternoon, but I can’t remember what it was. I had lunch and finished watching some YouTube, and I did work on my column a little bit, so yay me. I went outside around 3:30 and did a bit more snow removal. It didn’t take long and I did wear a jacket this time. I shaved some of the snow near the entrance down so that F would hopefully have an easier time getting in and out of the yard. I came in and watched the news at 4 pm. 


I knew that F would be a little late, so I didn’t go down to prepare dinner until almost 6 pm. K had left the kitchen door open again so the room wasn’t very warm. I cannot get her to close the door. I don’t think she knows there is a heater in the room, I set it up to come on about an hour before I plan to be there. It’s a fairly low power heater so it isn’t as bad as it sounds. It also explains why I need to turn it on early.


Tonight we had spicy chicken drumsticks (from the store), leftover eggplant and mushroom stir-fry, leftover chichimi and I also baked some potato-cheese patties from Gyomu Supa. F called a little before 7 pm and I had everything nearly ready when he arrived.  Oh, I even made a pot of decaf coffee tonight. Dinner got on the table quickly and I think everyone enjoyed it. There wasn’t too much leftover, some chicken and a bit of the eggplant stuff.  Good lunch material for K and I!


I cleaned up the table and then did the dishes as almost usual. It didn’t take long as there weren’t any pots and pans tonight. Hurray!


I came upstairs and just relaxed for a bit. I planned to watch a movie, but I missed the very beginning and I really didn’t understand what was going on. Then, F wanted to talk about going away this weekend, so I turned off the movie. I hope I’ll have another chance to watch it soon. 


We are going to go away for a night this weekend. We won’t go too far away, but it’ll be nice to get away. The weather should be okay so we don’t have to worry about K too much. We’ll make sure she has easy to grab/eat food and we’ll be back the next day so it should be okay I hope. Both of us have restaurants picked out that we want to visit!


I watched The Rookie and did a little bit of crochet. I’m trying to set up the new version of the blanket with a larger crochet hook so that the material is a little softer. The yarn is quite hard in my first attempt. So far, so good.


And that’s about it for my day. Tomorrow I have to write some of my column, keep an eye on the snow situation and just generally be a wonderful person!


Come back later if you want and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: