January 22, 2021

Friday - Warm and a little drizzly


I woke up after F left for work again this morning, that was a nice thing. It’s not that I don’t want to say goodbye to my hubby, it’s just that I don’t get a lot of sleep, so it is nice to keep what I have!


I did my usual watching the news from the bed, but I dozed off. I woke up at 10 with my alarm then realized that the doorbell was ringing. I threw on my clothes and ran down to the door. I managed to catch the postal worker. Whew. I had received two packages today, from two friends of mine. They are good friends of each other, so it was perfect timing. I got some tea from one friend and some books from another. Hurray!


I came back upstairs, did a few things and then grabbed my breakfast. I had a little look outside and groaned because the snowplough had gone by. It wasn’t terrible but the snow it moved did block part of the driveway so would have to be moved. 


I ate breakfast and then a little later went outside to shovel some snow. I thought I did a good job, but when F came back he again asked me to do more at the corners of the parking area. Argh! I told him that I had to move some huge snow boulders today and he should count himself lucky that I did that! I did. There is nowhere to put them. The walls on the road are about a meter high. I can’t just lift the snow “dump” when it is full of snow. I have to try and build or cut a ramp into the wall of snow just to get it out of the way and hopefully off the road.


I came back into the house and got my lunch together. I had a few leftovers and my usual open sandwiches. I came upstairs to eat and I finished watching Broken Arrow. I really liked Christian Slater in this, and Samantha Mathis, but frankly I just dislike John Travolta so wish he’d been in another movie! I must have seen this about a year before I came to Japan. It’s funny to think that it was so long ago.


I watched the news, then went downstairs and washed my dishes from today. Since I wasn’t cooking dinner tonight, I didn’t have to do anything else. Woot!


I came back upstairs and got ready to go out. I knew that F would be back soon. He was, and brought a bento for his mother’s dinner.


He gave her the bento and then we went out. We went to an office to see about getting a new part for something that I need to help me sleep well. It took a while as I had to get explanations and then have them translated back and forth.


After this, we got gas for the car. F had let the car get so low that the light was on again. Why on earth does he do that?  He doesn’t seem to remember the aftermath of 3/11 when we couldn’t buy gasoline anywhere. Why can’t he just make sure the car is always at least half full? I don’t understand it personally.


We had dinner at the newer Indian restaurant tonight and it was pretty good. We had a big one, but it was nice too. We both had saag curry, mine was chicken, his was pork. It came with some chicken Tikka and some garlic chicken, salad and soup and a drink. All in all, I enjoyed our meal, I think F did. We tried to buy distilled water in the drugstore next to the restaurant, but they were out. 


We went to our usual drugstore branch and got a couple of bottles. Apparently it is rationed and they only let us have a bottle each. I thought I’d get a few as they are really small. Weird.


We got some bentos and other food for K for tomorrow and Sunday at the grocery store and then came back to the house. I took a shower after I set up my machine.


I watched a little telly, The Good Wife and then the last episode of House of Cards. It was weird. It was an odd way to end the series.


And now I think you are up to date!


Tomorrow, F and I are heading out to Niigata city for a night. We don’t have any big plans, F wants to go to the port and get lunch, I want to go to a new restaurant that my friends have been raving about. That’s about it really. We’ll mask up and stay away from crowded areas as much as possible.


Come back on Sunday or Monday if you like and read all about my weekend trip. Until next time….

No comments: