April 25, 2021

Sunday - cloudy and rainy early on, gorgeous and warm later


I went to bed so late last night that it was almost daylight.  Oh, dear. I slept until 9:30 or so, then got up for a minute or two. F said that he was going to go out with his mother to the onsen soon. I wished him a great time and went back to sleep! 


I got up around 10:30, did a personal chore and then spent a bit of time on my computer. A bit later F came back.  He’d taken his mother out for lunch so he didn’t need to eat. I did though!  I suggested going to The Grand El Sun, and F was okay with that. Of course, the lunch was more expensive than I thought, but still quite reasonable. F decided not to have a meal, so I suggested dessert and coffee. Sad to say, his dessert and coffee were almost as much as my full meal!


After lunch, I suggested going to the Chido Museum. They’ve recently changed the exhibit, so we went to see it. It is still dolls, but different ones, really cool ones. We spent quite a bit of time looking at all the different sorts of dolls.


This is a bear and an octopus! Kuma-tako?

This red guy had a black version too.  

When we finished at the museum, F was wondering what to do. I asked if we could go and check out the tulips at Ikoinomura. We went around this time last year and it was fun. F was okay with that idea, so off we went.  It’s a bit of a drive, it’s on the way to Yunohama. The parking lot was fairly crowded, but there weren’t that many people around. We walked around and looked at the lovely tulips and took lots of pictures too. Earlier in the day, it was nasty and cloudy with a touch of rain, but now it was gorgeous and sunny. We enjoyed ourselves. 

Loved this colour!

Gorgeous contrasting flowers
    

After we finished looking at flowers, F suggested going to the Mall in Mikawa. I was okay with that, and when we got there, I suggested going for coffee at Mister Donut.  F liked the idea, so we had some cafe-au-lait and a small doughnut each. The Cafe-au-lait has free refills so F had 3 cups and I had one and a half! 


I did a quick walk through the craft section, but it was a zero-spend walk-through. I wanted to buy, but there wasn’t anything that I needed or wanted enough.


We bought some groceries in the store and a bento for K. We drove back to Tsuruoka and delivered the bento. When I was putting the groceries away I realized I had forgotten to buy yogurt for this week. Oh no. 


We waited a little while and then F and I went out for dinner. We went to a new udon restaurant. It’s apparently part of a chain. We order early in the process, are given our bowls of udon, then we can grab some tempura. After we paid, I had to add hot soup to my bowl. F and I found a table and had our meal. It was fine. It wasn’t the best udon ever, but I quite liked it. We did have to bus our own dishes, but no big deal. 


We went to a grocery store to pick up my yogurt and ended up getting a few extra things!  Still, that isn’t a bad thing. We still forgot a few things, sigh. 


We came back to the house and relaxed for a bit. I took a shower and then watched Project Runway. Today was the unconventional material challenge and it was Christmas-themed. It was kind of fun.


Anyway, that’s about it for today. Tomorrow is my holy day of movies, the Academy Awards. I’m planning to watch and Facebook them. It should be fun…although I’ve only seen 3 of the nominated films this year. Sigh. 


Come back later if you want to hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Rosa said...

I'm fascinated by the bear octopus doll. Who would give that to a child? Lol.

Sounds like a fun day--and you got a donut!

Helen said...

I'm not sure that these were really dolls for children, but that bear/octopus was funny!

It was a fun day and yes, I got a doughnut! It's all YOUR fault as I had donuts on the brain!

Thanks for visiting :-)