August 4, 2021

Wednesday - Hot and Sunny. Too Hot!


I woke up this morning and F was getting ready to leave. He turned on the AC but it turned itself off a little later. Grr. I woke up later in a puddle of sweat again. I turned on the AC and it hasn’t been off much all day. 


I got up and dressed a bit later. Even though I should have done laundry, I didn’t. I just didn’t have the will to force myself to do it. Oh, dear. 


I feel like I should say I had a quiet day, but it was fairly productive. I finished up my paperwork from yesterday and then prepared a class for my next teaching day. I also sent quite a bit of email, some for work, some for friends, so I wasn’t completely lazy. I also got a couple of hours of TV watched off the DVR, although none of it was The Walking Dead


F called around 5:30 and said he was coming back, so I went downstairs and started getting dinner ready. I was quite busy tonight. I made a salad, potato salad, stir-fried mushrooms, washed the last of the radishes, and washed the mini-tomatoes for K. Towards the end of the dinner prep I cooked the pork as well. I got to set the table and carry everything out as usual. K was munching on edamame and had been all day by the look of it. It really irks me when she does that. She spoils her dinner and makes a mess that of course, I get to clean up. 


Dinner was fine, everyone seemed to like what I made. I got to take everything back to the kitchen. K kept handing me her plates with the shells from the edamame on them and then would jabber something at me when I threw the shells out. I finally asked F and he said she was afraid we’d get bugs. However, the burnable garbage was going out tomorrow, so her point was…? Personally, I’m of the opinion that if I don’t clear your plate when I’m doing the other dishes because you are still using it, YOU should blooming well wash it. Of course, K doesn’t think of it that way. I’m sure she thinks I’m the unpaid kitchen help. I’ve started to feel that way about myself, to be honest. 


After dinner, I went upstairs. F had left the AC on so it was gloriously cool in our room. I relaxed and spent time on my computer. F came back and even though I had told him I had a programme on tonight, did I get to watch it? Nope. 


I took a shower and when I came back, I watched a bit of Apple TV with my headphones on. F chose that time to blab to me about all kinds of mundane and stupid things. It was all I could do not to yell at him. However, he’s taking tomorrow off work to try and get me an appointment to get vaccinated, so I shouldn’t really complain too much.  He also did go out to the store to get a few things tonight and brought me back ice cream, so I’ll probably keep him around for now!


Tomorrow he wants to start trying to get through at 8:30 am so would like me to get up before then. I’m quite sure he couldn’t get through for his mother’s until nine, but whatever.


So, today was good in some bits, but really, really frustrating in others. I was quite annoyed with K and later on with F so I need to take a chill pill I think. 


Come back later if you will and hear all about my Thursday if I survive it. Until tomorrow….

No comments: