July 31, 2021

 Saturday - Hot and sunny, with spits of rain


I woke up a little before my alarm this morning. It was fine. I got up and went downstairs. When I came back, F turned on the AC and the room became almost bearable. Almost. 


We decided to go out for lunch so he made something for his mother and then we went to Sashimiya for lunch. We got in almost right away and we had our lunch. I had salmon and ikura on rice, F had negi-tuna don.  After lunch, we were a bit lost, so F asked if I’d like to go to Starbucks. I said yes, but when we got there, there was nowhere to sit. We decided not to stay. 


We did a quick tour of the nearby drugstore, but only picked up a few things. Then, we took an accidental trip through the Starbucks drive-through. That was fun! We drove over to Komeda’s Coffee and went in. We waited about 10 minutes before we were seated. We spent a nice time in the cool, we both had cake and a drink.


After our break, we picked up a bento for K and a few other things, then went back to the house. Unfortunately, F’s uncle was parked in F’s space, so we had to park on the road. We went into the house, F talked to his uncle a little, I went upstairs and then we left for the mall in Mikawa.


We drove through Tsuruoka and then F realized that he had left his phone at the house. I suggested that we go back and get it, so we did. We got back on the road again and made it to the cinema with about 10 minutes to spare!


We bought our tickets and then some popcorn. We went into the cinema and watched Jungle Cruise. It was fun. Was it a fabulous film that I will always remember? No, but it was fun and I laughed a lot! 


After the movie, F and I had bibinba at the food court in the mall. As soon as we picked up our food, the place turned off its lights!  The bibinba was okay, not my favourite one tonight. 


We drove back to Tsuruoka and F’s house. Surprisingly, F’s mother was still up. I’m not sure why, but no worries. We came upstairs and F watched Olympics at high volume for most of the evening. We’re winding down now. I think I’ll have to turn off the AC again, he hates sleeping with it on, and I wake up in a sweat with it off. Sigh. I hate Japanese summers so much. 


So that’s it for me. Come back later if you like to find out how my August starts. Until tomorrow….

No comments: