September 11, 2021

Saturday - Hot and muggy


I woke up around my usual time, or a bit later this morning. I went downstairs and then went back to sleep. F was studiously not talking to me, so didn’t see much point in getting up.


I got up a lot later and got dressed. I waited for F to offer to take me somewhere for my lunch but he didn’t. Fine. Finally, around 2 pm I asked F if he would take me somewhere for my lunch. He agreed to do that. He took so long that I didn’t want to go to my first choice (I was thinking yummy Indian food, but they closed at 3). I then decided to go to Gusto. He drove me over and gave me some money, so yay for that! I went in and had a fairly decent meal. I read a book on my phone while I was there and I had drink bar so I was quite happy. 


When I left Gusto I went across the road and went to the new Seria. It’s another hundred yen shop and they opened a gorgeous new store in an old drugstore. It was very nice. I toured the store and only bought a couple of things. 


I texted F when I finished and asked him to pick me up and take me to S-Mall. He had told me he was going to get a massage at 5:15. I told him that I would let him know before he had to leave for his appointment. He said okay and a few minutes later called me and asked me to pick up a face towel for him. 


He drove me to S-Mall and we went in. He went one way and I went another.  I spent a few minutes looking for something for F for an anniversary present, but I decided not to get anything! I’m sure that he won’t get me a present, he always forgets!


I hacked around the shops, I spent a bit of money and enjoyed myself a lot! I didn’t buy a lot of stuff and I noticed that the grocery store was having their Costco fair again AND they were selling my favourite cheese there. The favourite cheese that I am running out of, so I marked it for later.


I went to the coffee shop (Doutor) and had a glass of rooibos tea. After a bit, a much more cheerful F called me. He joined me at the coffee shop and we both had a glass of decaf iced coffee. F was actually rather nice at this stage. We went to the grocery shop together to get my cheese and to see if there was anything else we wanted. We hoped there would be a bento for K but they were sold out. 


We bought the stuff we had picked up and took it to the car. F decided that we’d all get bentos and he ordered them in the car. We then drove over to the bento shop and picked them up. 


We came back to the house and ate. I had picked a pork cutlet with curry and it was okay. F had a tempura bento and he said it was good. K was eating when we arrived so she only ate part of her bento and then it got put in the fridge for tomorrow.


I did the dishes because no one else moved to do them and then went upstairs. F came up a little later and we had a quiet evening. I took a shower and we even used the air conditioner to dry the room out. It is quite hot and humid today. 


I’ve been doing the YouTube thing too, I watched a lot of different stuff and I’ve enjoyed it all.


Tomorrow, F wants to go early and pick up some nashi and maybe do some driving to other places, I’m not sure. It’s nice that he’s talking to me and not giving me the silent treatment, but he’s so mercurial. I thought it was me that was like that, but he takes it a bit far. 


It’s hard to believe that it has been 20 years since 9/11. I remember being in a soba shop in Otaru when I first saw the video. I was sitting far away from the TV and I didn’t really know what was going on. The next day I was off to Tsuruoka to see F and get married. We were due to leave for Canada on Sept 18th and we weren’t even sure if we could leave Japan as all international flights had been grounded. I am almost glad that my sister had thrown a snit fit and refused to come over, she would have been stuck in Vancouver airport most likely with my 4-year-old niece. 


Anyway, that’s it for me for tonight. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….



No comments: