September 27, 2021

Monday - Cool and sunny


I got up this morning at my normal time and watched the news. Yes, I’m already back to my usual routine, mostly. I watched the news and then went downstairs for a few minutes.  I didn’t eat early today, I waited a bit too late in all honesty.


I was waiting for my suitcase to arrive. It was scheduled between 2 and 4 pm and I had no idea when it would show up. Lately, I haven’t heard the doorbell ring when the delivery person shows up so I was a tad worried.  


I was in the washroom when I thought I heard the doorbell. I yelled that I was coming and then washed my hands and headed for the door. There was no one there! I was hearing things. I do have an excuse, the field next to the house was having the plants cut down all day. It was so noisy. K came to the door after I left to see what the fuss was about and I let her know that I was expecting a delivery.  She was still in her pyjamas. I grabbed my lunch and while I was eating I heard the truck outside. I ran downstairs and she was at the door with the delivery man and she was now dressed! 


I’m actually quite chuffed with her. It was nice of her to help me out like that. I took my suitcase upstairs and didn’t unpack it for a long time.


After lunch I worked on my lessons for tomorrow. One of them was mostly ready, the other I had to do a bit of prep for it. 


I was waiting for F to call but he didn’t. I finally went downstairs and he called!  He was on his way back. 


I got to work. I washed dishes, I cleaned the stove, I washed and prepared vegetables and I also got out my big fry pans.  F arrived back and went upstairs almost right away. 


I finally got dinner cooked. Today I made my version of Gapao rice with chicken. I roasted some okra and didn’t burn it this time and washed some lettuce for a salad. Everything had to be done right at the end, but it finally got done. I called F down and he did help put the glasses out on the table. 


We ate and it was very nice. The Gapao rice was good and so was the okra. All of the okra was finished. 


I washed the dishes and put them all away. It took a long time today but got done. I finished up my podcasts too, so that was good.


I went upstairs after I finished and relaxed for a while. All too soon it was time for me to take my shower, so I went downstairs and I did. After my shower, I set up the washing machine to wash my new pants.  I went back upstairs and watched The Good Wife and did a bit of crochet too. I am trying to finish up the scarf soon. 


After my show finished I went downstairs and picked up my laundry. I hung it up here in the room. 


That’s about it for my day. I spent a few minutes with F and that was fun, then I came to my computer and began to blog. 


Tomorrow I have my classes and I’m also cooking dinner too. Come back later and hear all about it! Until tomorrow….

No comments: