September 26, 2021

Sunday - Sunny but coolish


I’m back!  I had a great time spending time with my friend in Akita, Aomori and Iwate. We met in a smaller town in Akita and then drove up to Hirosaki in Aomori. We stayed a couple of nights in Hirosaki and then drove back into Akita to go to a musical revue. From the theatre (the oldest one in Tohoku) we drove to my friend’s house near Morioka. We had dinner with her husband and then had an early night.


Yesterday, her husband went off on a fishing trip and we went shopping. Well, more strictly, I went shopping! I ended up getting three shirts and two pairs of pants. Most of the things I bought were for work, so that was a good thing. I also got some more tea. I love my tea, what can I say?


We went back to her house and she cooked dinner for us and then we watched a movie before heading to our various rooms. 


This morning we sent my suitcase back to Tsuruoka so I didn’t have to carry it on the trains, then my friend gave me a tour of the city hall complex. It was very interesting and there are a lot of cool spaces there.


She drove me into Morioka and we had a light lunch at Doutor. We said goodbye and she had to go back to her house. I spent a few minutes shopping for souvenirs and then went through the gate. 


When I was on the other side, I bought myself a nice bento and then went upstairs to wait for the train. It arrived in time, I found my seat and then got ready to eat. I discovered that my bento was self-heating, so I had to pull a string completely out of the package and then wait 5 minutes so it had time to heat up.  It was an okay bento. I thought the gyutan was a bit tough and but I liked the idea a lot.


I had zero problems on the train and even was given a bag for a memento at Akita station. I found my platform, bought a couple of drinks and got on the train. The carriage wasn’t full again, which I am glad about. 


The train arrived on time and I disembarked and waited for F. Nope, he wasn’t there waiting on me. I had to text him to make sure that he was coming. 


He finally arrived and then we went off to look for dinner. We tried to go to the Kushibiki place, but they had already closed. We ended up going to Misono which was rather nice. F had meat on rice and I had the chicken curry. 


We ended up going to the grocery store and picking up food for the next two days. 


We came back to the house and have rested and relaxed for the rest of the evening. F went to bed a little early and I’m still up, but am half asleep. I’ve watched a bit of YouTube and caught up with some of my videos. 


So, I’m back now. I have been falling asleep at my keyboard and when I wake up I have to check what I wrote to see if it makes sense. Sometimes it doesn’t. Anyway, I’m done for tonight. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: