November 27, 2021

Saturday - Rainy on and off


I slept in this morning and it was wonderful! F got up and made his mother some brunch and then came back upstairs. We had a bit of time together and it was really nice. 


For lunch today I suggested the restaurant at the Grand El Sun, and F was okay with that. We had different things today, I had lovely lemon pasta in a creamy sauce and F had grilled fish with a panko breading. I think he liked it, I loved mine. They had a drink bar set up too, so we were able to have a few drinks.


Over lunch we decided to go to Costco tomorrow. We have to renew our membership and there are a few things that I’d like to get for the house. I hope that we can get in and out fairly quickly.


We ran a few errands today and also had coffee at Komeda’s Coffee. We picked up bentos for dinner and then came back to the house and ate. 


F prepared the food in a weird way. He made plates for himself and his mother, heated them up and took them to the table. That meant I had to make my own and everyone else was already eating when I went through. Way to make me feel like part of the family. Then, after dinner, guess who got to gather the plates and do the dishes. Muggins. I really do feel like an indentured servant.


I went upstairs and as I did, F said that he thought we were going to have dessert. I told him that I did too as I continued up the stairs. When I was in the room, he did apologize a bit for leaving me with the dishes, at least I think that’s what he said he was sorry for!


We had a fairly quiet evening. I took a shower and then watched a show. I worked on my little craft project and I think that I have finished it. I worked on the other one I started last night and have decided to start the final row. Woot. I bought a nice box for it all to go in when we were out today. 


I was about to turn off the TV tonight but did one final scan of channels and discovered Flash Gordon was on. It was so awful. Really, really awful. It was pretty funny though, in a cringe-inducing sort of way.


Anyway, that’s it for me. I have to get up fairly early tomorrow and then we’ll drive to Yamagata city and to the nearby Costco. Wish us luck. I will most likely update tomorrow night, but if I don’t, I might be too tired.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: