November 28, 2021

Sunday - Clear and a little rainy


I went to bed much too late last night, but so did F. I don’t think he slept very well, because he seemed to be awake anytime I woke up. He got up before me and today worked on the door between the kitchen and the living room.


It took a while. I got up and got myself dressed to go out and was waiting to see what F came up with. He finally came up and asked if I was ready! Eyeroll!  Of course I was. 


We loaded up the car with our Costco bags and decided to have breakfast. I gave F the option of going for breakfast or hitting up a convenience store and grabbing a couple of things. He chose the latter, probably a good idea since we got a late start. 


We went to a convenience store on the way. We each got an onigiri and a nikuman. I added on a sandwich too as I hadn’t had anything to eat earlier. 


We made good time to Yamagata. On the way there was quite a bit of snow in the mountains. Sigh. I’m not ready for winter, I never am.







F said that he’d like to go shopping for jeans so we stopped into the mall for a little bit. He tried on quite a few pairs of jeans and finally found one he liked. He couldn’t have them hemmed today as they were so busy from their Black Friday sales! I did a little shopping too and bought a couple of tops at the ladies department. F thinks I can wear one of them for work, I’m not sure if I should, but I might try it out. It has short sleeves, so I will probably wear my sweater over it. 


We visited the Kaldi (foreign imports store) very quickly and discovered that they had mincemeat tarts so we got a box. Niigata didn’t have them last weekend, so woot. No Christmas pudding, but that’s okay. I’m probably the only person here that likes it anyway. 


We left the mall and continued on our way to Costco. It was quite busy so we had to park on the roof. We did get a fairly decent parking space though so that was good.  


We went in and went shopping. We did fairly well today. I got an Air Fryer today, for quite a reasonable price, we also got some of my Havarti, some puddings, some vegetables (Brussel sprouts, potatoes), and a few snacks. F was worried about the price of everything so I didn’t push for a new set of sheets for the bed. However, we went through the check out and we were fine! We spent a lot, but less than our budget. 


We took everything to the car and packed it in to the bags there. We’ve tried doing it in the store and it is just too stressful for me. I have bunches of food coming my way and no help from anyone to put things in cooler bags or whatever…and no help getting the bags open. F likes to put the bags inside each other. It saves a lot of space, but it awful when you have to get the bags out to pack the groceries in. Anyhoo, at the car we could take our time and pack the cold stuff in the cooler and the other stuff in bags that would work. Whew. 


We went back in and had a very late lunch! F had his hotdog and soda, I had the Aussie Meat pie and a soda and we both had a sundae too. It was quite nice!





We left the store and F bought gas and then we headed on our way. We talked about having dinner in Yamagata, but neither of us was hungry after the food we just ate. We decided to wait until we were back in Tsuruoka.


We had a good trip back to Tsuruoka. I snoozed a bit but F didn’t seem to mind. We decided to buy groceries before going back to the house. I got a few things to make dinner for the next couple of days. 


We brought a carload of stuff to the house and unpacked it. It was almost as stressful as buying it! 


At the store, F had suggested getting some sushi, but I told him that I wouldn’t get out of the house for a couple of days so I’d prefer to go out tonight.  He was okay with that. 


I suggested either sushi, since he’d wanted some earlier or the usual suspects of family restaurants. He chose Coco’s, and that’s where we went. I had jambalaya with spicy chicken and F had deep fried oysters. I liked mine.


We came back to the house and just relaxed a bit. It was a long day, but it was good. We walked a ton today! 


Tomorrow I’m making soup, and I have to go over my classes for Tuesday. I hope I have time to do it all. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: