May 10, 2022

Tuesday - Sunny but coolish


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I had gone to bed quite late last night, so was quite tired.  I watched the morning news and then the news I had recorded on the DVR. I tried to take a bit of a nap, I think I managed but there was a lot of noise outside today. 


F called this morning to say that he was coming back to the house, I let him know about the construction with the electricity next door. There is an empty lot next to the house and they are going to begin construction soon I think. Today they brought in some electric poles. They are still lying on the ground though.


F and I had a few words while he was here. He was angry that I hadn’t given his mother some of the mountain vegetables that his sister brought over. He kept telling me that he had told me what to do with it. Sure he did, as he ran off and left the room. It didn’t fit into my food plan for dinner. He was so grumpy that I just left the room with my breakfast and wished him a nice rest of work.


Had a quiet afternoon really. I watched another episode of Yellowstone and then turned off the TV for a while. I watched the 4 pm news and then started to get ready for going down to cook. F did call today to say he was on his way back. He asked if I wanted anything and I just suggested that he should bring something that he wants to eat. He said he would.


When he got back I was busy in the kitchen. I had some cucumbers steeping in an oil/spice mix in the fridge, I had the garlic mix for the top of the garlic toast underway too. F grilled his fish and put away a bunch of other things that he bought too. He bought more natto. I asked him why. He said we didn’t have any. I pointed out the untouched box in the back of the fridge. He keeps doing that! At one time we had three boxes of the stuff in the fridge. I don’t eat it, but F keeps feeding it to his mother!


I toasted the garlic toast, I sautéed the pork and I cooked the mushrooms. I tried to set the table between stirring things on the stove! Finally, we were ready. F came down and ate with us and did eat some of my side dishes. He refused the garlic toast at first and then finally had one. He “needed” rice, so he made some for himself. 


After dinner, I washed the dishes and the pans. I put tomorrow’s garbage in the genkan. I listened to my podcasts and enjoyed them. I had to clean the stove, although I didn’t clean the fish grill. In my opinion, anyone who uses the fish grill should darn well clean it themselves. 


I went upstairs and reminded F that we needed to go shopping tonight. He asked if I really needed to and I said yes. We did.


Before we left, we both took out the garbage. I took the one out from the kitchen, and F took out his from upstairs. It was the green garbage, or aluminum cans and glass.


We went over to our old supermarket and bought some stuff. I’m going to try and make pizzas tomorrow. I’m trying to not use as much meat, but I’m not sure that F will be pleased with them anyway.


We came back to the house where F proceeded to try to make himself some noodles. He asked me to find the directions on the packet. I did, but I also suggested that he use a frying pan. He grabbed mine. That was okay, but then he tried to put a metal lid inside it and I told him he couldn’t do that. I offered to get him a plastic spatula and he got all mad at me. He ended up getting out a filthy rusty pan and scrubbing that. I just left the room. He was telling me that I had a stainless steel pan and I should use that. I don’t have a stainless steel frying pan, I have no idea what he’s talking about. I told him if he got me a cast iron pan he could use metal in it, but not in my nice ceramic pan. I reminded him that he had bought me a lovely aluminum pan several years ago and scratched it on the first day I used it. I don’t think he cared.


When he came upstairs he said that the noodles were too hot for him. Is it rude to laugh inside a little? They did look spicy.  


F fell asleep fairly soon and I watched a couple of TV programmes. I turned off the TV then and got on with blogging! And now you are up to date. 


I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I did do a couple of other things today like hang up F’s clothes in the bedroom and I put the other quilt in a bag. I didn’t suck out the air out yet but I pushed out quite a bit yet. 


I’ll hopefully do a bit of laundry tomorrow and after that, who knows. Come back later and find out what I do. Until tomorrow….

No comments: