May 11, 2022

Wednesday - Warm and sunny


I woke up early this morning, a bit before my alarm. I went downstairs and then came back to bed. Of course, I overslept. Oops. I got up, dressed and took a bit of a nap. I was going to do laundry but K was doing some, so I didn’t bother today. I’ll have to do a lot on Thursday. 


I had a fairly quiet morning and afternoon today. I didn’t mind. I had breakfast and then went down later to get my lunch. While I ate, I watched another episode of Yellowstone. It was good if a bit sad today. I debated watching a second episode but decided not to.


I watched the news at 4 and then around 5:30 I went downstairs to get a start on dinner. I looked up some pizza toppings and one that was suggested was roasted tomatoes. The recipe said to roast the tomatoes for two to three hours…I didn’t have that much time but thought that my air fryer might be able to cut that time down. Spoiler alert…it did!


Tonight I made some cucumber salad for K, we had an onion salad, I heated up some of F’s sister’s bamboo soup, and then there were the pizzas. I had gone ahead and cooked a bunch of the toppings. The roasted tomatoes were gorgeous. They might have been greater with a bit more roasting, but they were amazing as they were! I let F make the first pizza. He didn’t make it, I did, but he told me what toppings to use. His was pesto, tuna, mushrooms and tomatoes, plus cheese. I baked it for a few minutes and then served it.


I made the second one and mine had a lot of the same things on it. I had bacon on mine, plus a couple of the tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. Oh, yes, I put pesto on as my sauce too. We had a nice feast and K even said that she liked it. I was really surprised. F always thinks that she wouldn’t eat something like pizza, but she was fine! She might not want it every night, but then again, neither do I!


I did the dishes after dinner and it took ages! There was a lot of stuff to clean up. Happily, my air fryer wasn’t very dirty and I only had to wash the shelf, not the basket too. There’s a bunch of stuff in the fridge now, I hope there’s something for lunch!


When I finished, I decided not to take out the garbage from the kitchen. However, I have a full bag upstairs, so I did up my garbage and then took it out. I was going to go and buy a soft drink from a vending machine, but I realized that I’d just as soon make myself some tea. I’ve already bought that and there is less waste!


I took a shower and did a bit of cleaning while I was in there. I haven’t done any for a while.  When I finished, I went back upstairs and watched This is Going to Hurt. It ended very sadly. I’ve really been enjoying this show. It’s so different. Not Grey’s Anatomy at all, happily.


F has gone to bed. He has to get to work earlier tomorrow as he has a driving assignment quite early. Poor thing. He is sleeping at least, so that’s good. 


I’m still up obviously. I should get to bed fairly soon if I can.  Until tomorrow…. 


No comments: