May 16, 2022

Monday - Muggy and warmish, rain at night


Last night our room was rather cold, so I wasn’t sure that I’d be able to sleep. I was! I did put on warm clothes before bed too, so I’m sure that helped. 


I woke up when my alarm went off, I got up and actually got dressed and had some breakfast. I got ready to go and then at 10 am the doorbell rang. K actually answered it, but it turned out that it was F’s new computer. It arrived a little early, so that was good. I took the box and brought it upstairs. 


I texted F to say that it arrived and then I went downstairs and said goodbye to K. I told her I was going to Mikawa and she wished me a safe trip. She asked when I’d come back and I said later with F. 


I walked to the bus stop. It’s over a kilometre away, so I had to hustle. However, I’d left early so I actually had to tell myself to slow down! I ended up getting to the bus stop about 10 minutes early. 


When the bus came, I got on and had a fairly enjoyable ride out to the mall. For the first little while, I was the only passenger! That was cool. 


At the mall, I paid, got off the bus and then did a bit of walking around the mall. I did something a little naughty, I went to see Dr. Strange again. I enjoyed it even more this time if that was possible. 


When I got up after the movie, I could barely move. I’ve been having hip problems and sitting still makes it worse. I managed to leave the cinema, but I did a little shopping in the mall. I got some rubber mats to go under things for my new chair cushion. I’ve been having problems with the cushion sliding around on me. 


In Aeon, I went shopping for clothes for summer. The only things that were on sale were the winter clothes, so not what I wanted. I found a fairly nice top, it’s made from synthetic material though, so I don’t know how it’ll be in summer. It’s a bit long, like a tunic. I’ll probably wear it out a couple of times and then make it a house shirt. Probably. 


I checked out the men’s department too to see if there was anything I liked there, but there wasn’t. I don’t have the correct shape for some of the clothes. 


F called me and we made arrangements to meet up. I saw the car pull up, so I went outside to meet him.  He came back into the mall with me and he ran an errand. We went for a drink at Doutor and then we went upstairs for something to eat. I had a bibinba, but not my usual one, F had yakisoba and takoyaki. 


After we finished, we went back to the car and drove into Tsuruoka. We bought a nice bento for K at a grocery store and came back to the house. K was still up, that was a surprise! I heated the bento up for her and then went upstairs.


I didn’t have much conversation with my husband tonight because he was stuck into his new computer. He didn’t want me to help him with it and was rather rude when I asked if he wanted help. I knew that he’d be obsessed with it, and he was. 


I thought about taking the garbage out so checked it. There wasn’t that much stuff in the kitchen so I left it for this week. 


I watched quite a bit of YouTube tonight and tried to relax. I did an edging on my latest dishcloth and I think it looks great. I’ll try and post a picture tomorrow if I get the ends darned in!


So, was it worth going out to the mall today? Yes, it was. I enjoyed myself, but I’m worried about my hip. It was hurting a bit yesterday, but today it is hurting rather a lot. I think it needs a quiet day or two. 


Tomorrow night I’m back on cooking dinner patrol I guess. I have the feeling that F isn’t going to eat the things that I make. I hope that he does. He should if he knows what’s good for him!!


Anyway, I’m quite tired and I need to get to bed. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: