May 15, 2022

Sunday - Sunny and warmish


I woke up without an alarm this morning. F was in the room with me and I thought he’d woken me up at 8:00am. At first, I was a bit annoyed because I didn’t know why he’d wake me up, but then I realized that he didn’t and that it was actually closer to 10:30! I got up. F wasn’t able to have a massage, but we planned to go out to the aquarium this morning and renew our memberships and have lunch too.


We drove out there and were lucky to get put in the closer parking lot. However, when the parking attendant saw that F was on crutches, he told us to drive closer to the building and park in the handicapped section. It’s quite a big one, so we weren’t taking up space that someone else would need. It was much closer. Yay.


We went into the building and renewed our memberships. It was fairly easy.  Then, we went to the restaurant. Unfortunately, the cheapest lunch was sold out there, so we had to have a more expensive version. It was good though.  We had lots of fugu done a couple of different ways, plus some sashimi, miso soup, rice and pickles. Oh, and a chawanmushi. That was nice too. We even got big iced coffee afterwards. 


We went through the aquarium fairly slowly. It was crowded in places and people weren’t distancing as much as they should. The octopus wasn’t moving too much today, so I didn’t take any pictures of it. 


We stopped for a little to watch a training/feeding session and then finished up at the aquarium. We drove back into Tsuruoka and after a brief stop for a proper amount of gas, ended up going back to the house. 


F changed the tires on the car and I relaxed. I had offered to help, but he said he was okay. When he came back into the house, I suggested taking his mother out for dinner tonight with us. He liked the idea. I originally suggested a restaurant in a suburb, but when F called to check that they’d be open, they said that they might close early. He asked about coming at 7:00pm but they weren’t too positive. We thought of another place. I checked their Facebook page and it said they would be open. We all bundled into the car and drove there…and they were closed. Sigh. I had suggested that F call them but he didn’t. Oh well. 


F suggested udon and I was okay with that. We went to Udonichi. F had suggested going to the chain place that we go to sometimes, but I couldn’t see the three of us going there. I would have to carry his tray, my tray and who knows if K would carry her own or not. So…a full-service restaurant, please!


Udonichi was great. F and I had the same thing, udon with tempura and K had udon. We actually had a really quick meal. We left and brought K back to the house. 


We left again and went grocery shopping. I am probably not cooking tomorrow night. I plan to go to Mikawa tomorrow and go shopping. That’s the plan. After F and I went shopping at the grocery store, I asked if we could stop at Yamaya. I wanted to get one can of beans. We got to Yamaya and I went in and bought one can of beans. yay!


We came back to the house, I unpacked the groceries and then went upstairs. I watched CSI: Las Vegas and then took a shower. It’s quite cold in our room tonight, so over the evening, I have put more clothes on! I started with PJs but now I have warm pants and a fuzzy shirt on. F woke up a few minutes ago and we put a warmer cover on the bed. Brr. Brr.


Anyway, I’m off to bed now. Happily, this was a good weekend and almost made up for last week. Almost. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: