May 23, 2022

Monday - Sunny and warm


I went to bed a bit late last night and then my alarm seemed to go off a bit too early for me. I got up, went downstairs and came back and watched the news. I took a little snooze too, but got up and grabbed breakfast.


I had a quiet morning and then I tried to do a little bit of a clean-up so that F can set up our TV thing. Unfortunately, I didn’t get that much done. Around 1:30 or so I went downstairs to grab lunch. I was going to have the leftover pasta from Friday, but K came out of her room so I asked her if she’d like it. She said yes, so I heated it up and gave it to her. I also tried to remind her that her daughter was going to take her out today. I think she got it, but I’m not sure. 


I ate lunch and afterwards got some of the plastic bottles in the corner squashed and prepared to go out for pick up tomorrow. K and F’s sister went out, so I took the bottles downstairs and squished them and rinsed a few that needed it. 


I also grabbed K’s vacuum and did a little bit of spot/guerrilla cleaning. There were a bunch of cobwebs that needed cleaning up, so I got them with the vacuum. I also vacuumed some of the fans to take off the dust. I put the vacuum away afterwards. 


I went back upstairs but remembered to give F’s sister back some of her food containers. I think she was glad about that!


I watched the news and waited for F to call. I had given up when he called to say he was on the way and had already picked up my pants. Wow. I went downstairs and got busy in the kitchen.


Today I was making Gapao rice. F had already made rice for it in the rice cooker so I didn’t have quite as much to do. I thought I’d serve dessert tonight too. 


F came back to the house and after talking to me and then his mother, went upstairs to change. 


I got dinner well underway and it was nearly ready. I had made the meat mixture, I’d put the salad out, I’d even fried the eggs. I texted F and asked him to come down. No answer. While setting the table, I yelled a couple of times but didn’t hear any answer.

I finally got a bit impatient and called him one more time. I heard him say something, but nothing I could understand. 


All the food was on the table, and the drinks were all poured, but F didn’t come down. I got K to just start eating. I decided that F must have smelled the spices and decided not to eat. K and I ate and had a nice meal. I quite enjoyed it, except I was a bit annoyed at F for not coming down. He’s done it fairly often so I didn’t want to go upstairs and nag him to come down. 


I put his dinner in the fridge. I thought that K and I could split it for our lunch tomorrow.


I got started on the dishes and was about halfway done when F appeared in the kitchen. I asked him what had happened. Apparently, he’d fallen asleep! He got a phone call from his sister, which is what had woken him up. He was really surprised that K and I had eaten without him. He still wanted his dinner, so I had to get it out of the fridge, re-plate it, and then heat it up for him. Of course, I got to do those dishes too. 


When I finished the dishes I bagged the regular plastic garbage in the kitchen and left it in the genkan. 


I went upstairs and relaxed for most of the evening. I could have watched Mamma Mia, but I wasn’t in the right mood. 


I watched some YouTube and I didn’t take a shower tonight. I’m going out on Wednesday, so I’ll take one tomorrow night, promise! I did do a bit of mending tonight and a tiny bit of crochet, so that was good.


The thing is, that even though F wasn’t “angry” with me for calling him too much, I thought he might be. It’s crazy. I’m glad he ate his dinner, but I wasn’t too happy with him not eating with me!


Anyway, today was okay. Tomorrow I’ll have to get ready for my outing and I’m going to make tacos for dinner. Wish me luck with that!


Come back later if you like and hear about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: