May 24, 2022

 Tuesday - Hot and Sunny


I woke up with my alarm this morning. I did snooze for a minute or two longer but got up. I watched the rest of the news from the bed, and when it was over I took a nap too. I was just going to go and get my breakfast when F called. He didn’t have anything exciting to say really!


I had a fairly quiet morning. I had breakfast and then F called again to say that a cousin or something like that had dropped off some bamboo shoots for us, probably in the garage. Could I get them and give them to his mother. Well, yes, I could. 


I went downstairs and found the bamboo just outside the door. I gave it to K.  She can deal with them, I’ve no idea what to do with bamboo shoots!


A little later, F called again. He was coming back to the house and did I want anything. I said no, but when he arrived, he had brought some ice cream (yay!) and some roasted green tea for me. That was nice of him.  I was having lunch at the time so I had to have my dessert first! Oh darn.


He left after a few minutes and I got on with my stuff. I didn’t work on the room today, I should have but didn’t.


Around 5:30 F called again to say he was on his way back to the house and had to stop at a grocery store for his mother. Did I want anything? I suggested getting her a couple of bentos for tomorrow. I’ll be out from 10 am on and won’t come back until late with F. This way, she’ll have some food at the house. I also texted him later and asked for yellow garbage bags (for plastic bottles) but he forgot.


In the kitchen, I looked for my taco seasoning packets but couldn’t find them, so I looked up an easy recipe on the net. I found one at Betty Crocker. Basically, I didn’t need any special spices, I just needed to add salsa to the ground meat and cook it a little longer. That was simple. Of course, I ended up finding the spice packets a little later but decided I’d try the recipe in case it was a winner. You know, it wasn’t bad! The salsa we have is a Japanese brand, not too spicy, but for K, that isn’t a bad thing. 


F did a lot of shopping and got K the ingredients she needed for the bamboo stew/dish that she wants to make. We don’t keep some of the stuff needed on hand, at least I don’t. I took a few minutes to make the taco meat and plate the cheese and lettuce, but really, dinner was super fast tonight. I set the table, called F who said he’d come down, and then waited a minute for him. He didn’t come. Ack. Again?  


I went upstairs to see if he was awake. He was on his computer again. Sigh. I asked if he wanted tortilla chips with dinner, but he said no. He came down a few minutes later.


Dinner was pretty good. K got into the whole tortilla thing tonight. She copied me a bit, but finally started putting extra sauce on as she liked! We used to just give her taco rice, but I’m glad that she’s trying the tacos! We had dessert tonight too, we finished up the Bocca puddings from Costco. 


I did the dishes and then came upstairs. F came up a bit later. We both wanted to take showers tonight. F said that he’d go between 9:00 and 9:30, but at 9:45 he still hadn’t gone. He told me I could go. I don’t usually go that early, but I decided why not do it. 


I took my shower and then came back upstairs. At 11:00 I watched FBI: Most Wanted and then turned off the TV. F has an early morning tomorrow and I didn’t want to be the reason he stayed up and awake. He’s snoozing now, but it took a while before he turned off his computer.


So that’s about it for me. Tomorrow I’m off to the mall in Mikawa to meet up with a friend. I’m hoping that the buses will be running in the morning. There are some schedule changes as tomorrow is the Tenjin Matsuri in Tsuruoka, but I should be in Mikawa before anything gets too messed up. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: