May 26, 2022

Thursday - Hot and Sunny


I got up this morning a little bit after my alarm went off. I was tired from yesterday.


I watched the news and the early on news too and then took a bit of a nap. I had a really hard time staying awake, so I overslept a bit. I did a couple of loads of laundry when I got up. The spot on my shirt is better, but I think I’ll have to run it through one more time. 


In the afternoon I did a few things and then I decided that I would clear out the corner of my room and hopefully get F to help me set up the Fire Stick tonight. It took ages! I filled a garbage bag with plastic bags and stuff I don’t need anymore. I got the stuff moved over to other parts of the room, which is pretty hard.  I stopped when I cleared the room down to the extension cords. I replaced them with our new cords and replugged things in. 


I stopped because F called finally to say he was coming back to the house. I was a sweaty, dusty mess. I had to change my undershirt as it was so wet!


I took my dishes down to the kitchen and washed them. F came back a few minutes later but didn’t really come in to say hi.   I followed him upstairs and asked him about dinner. He said he didn’t want any. Oh, dear. Oh well.


I tried to ask K if she’d like to serve some of her bamboo stuff, but I think she thought I wanted her to move her stuff off the stove. Whatever!


I made a quick dinner for us tonight. It was Orange Chicken, salad, beets, and rice for K. It didn’t take a long time, so I was quite happy about that, and it didn’t take all that long to clean up afterwards, which is what I was really happy about. 


I came upstairs and F was almost asleep. He was a good egg tonight though and did help me set it up. It took a bit of time and I got bogged down in places…the internet isn’t great in that corner, but finally, it all seemed to work out. Woot. So…that means that I can watch my Apple TV + on the big screen instead of my computer. Yay for that!


After I got things set up, F went downstairs and made himself some ramen (of course) and brought it upstairs to eat.  I got ready and took a shower. It was desperately needed!


I came back upstairs to the room and watched The Rookie which was quite good tonight. After that, I turned off the TV. F took his shower during the show I think. 


So that’s about it for my day. Tomorrow I have to do a little more laundry and maybe cook dinner. I just hope that it isn’t so darn hot again. It got up to 30 degrees Celsius in the room up here today… which was hot. And it’s only May!  What is it going to be like in July or August? I don’t want to think about it. 


Come back later if you like to hear all about my day and if I survive in the heat up here. Until tomorrow….

No comments: