August 4, 2022

Thursday - Rainy and then clearing, rainy again


We made it through the night I’m happy to say. We are lucky. There are a couple of people missing from this prefecture and the one next to it because of the flooding.


I woke up this morning and was really surprised that it was morning. I was really tired and not feeling that great. I think I got dehydrated last night and it carried on to today. Sigh. 


I watched the news from the bed, and also the one from earlier in the morning. I took a snooze and overslept, but did wake up finally!


I grabbed breakfast and came back upstairs. I ate and watched some YouTube from last night. I relaxed a bit.


I had a quiet day. I had thought about doing laundry but didn’t. I did get it sorted later on though, so that’s good. 


I was watching the news later on today when F called. He said that he was taking time off work, so what did I want to do?  I told him that I was going to ask to go out for dinner tomorrow because it’s been quite a long week. He suggested getting bentos in tonight but I’m afraid I wasn’t too happy with that idea. F wanted his raw fish bento, I don’t really like them. They are too small in my opinion. Also, and more importantly, I get stuck doing all the work when we get bentos. We need drinks. I get to put the glasses out, take them back, wash them, etc. Ditto any plates or bowls or saucers that we need. Neither of my lazy crew moves a finger to help. So, no, I don’t want bentos, I’d like to go out.


He arrived back at the house and took off his uniform and laid down on the bed and watched his computer without earphones. He didn’t move. He was there for an hour and I finally asked him what he wanted to do about dinner. He didn’t know, so I went downstairs and made it. I had the ingredients, and while most of them weren’t too perishable, some were.


I was in the kitchen for about an hour. I did some microwave burgers and also sautéed some zucchini. I washed the baby leaf lettuce that I had bought and made a cucumber pickle. I also opened a bag of potato salad from the store and put out the veggies from yesterday. I was a sweaty mess when I finished. 


I called F down. He said he’d come, but five minutes later still wasn’t there. I ended up going upstairs but he had one more video to watch or something. I grabbed a towel and went back downstairs. 


He finally showed up and we ate. I was less than pleased with F though. He started the evening by watching some horrible singer on YouTube out loud. Of course, the TV was blaring away too, which was really annoying. I think next time he does that I should listen to my book on tape or something. So rude. However,  dinner was delicious. Most of the food disappeared. I gave them both a tofu pudding for dessert.


Guess who got to do the dishes again? Yes, me. I’m so lucky. 


I finished and then I expected that we’d go out to get a few groceries. I told F that I wasn’t going to cook tomorrow but his mother needed something for her breakfast. He decided to make rice instead. That’s nice, but not very good for me, who really did need a break. 


Anyway, that’s it for me. Tomorrow I have to do some laundry and hopefully, I’ll get to blow this popsicle joint. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: