August 3, 2022

Wednesday - Rainy and slightly cooler…but oh, the humidity


I woke up when my alarm went off and it was lovely. F had turned on the AC for me in the morning. I woke up for the first time in ages without being a sweaty mess. I got up, went downstairs and turned off the AC. It wasn’t too hot and the residual coolness stayed for a while, aided by my fan.  I watched the morning news and later on the early morning news off the DVR.  


I got dressed and then I went back for more snoozing. I found it really hard to drag myself out of bed today. It was so dark outside that it felt like it was the middle of the night.


I was on my way downstairs when F came back to the house. He had a break in his driving schedule. He brought us some ice cream and then left! I waited until after lunch to eat the ice cream. I watched an episode of The Mentalist. The show is really good and I’m enjoying it!


I watched the news and relaxed a bit. F called and said he was on the way, so I went downstairs to start dinner. Then, he called me a few minutes later to say that he’d been called back into work. Sigh. We are apparently under a storm watch, did you know that? That’s why F had to go back in. He got back to work and then was sent back home because he’s one of the senior workers…as in older person. 


I was busy working in the kitchen. Because it was slightly cooler today, I didn’t want to ask K to turn on the AC downstairs, but then I decided I needed it. When F got back, I was so sweaty that it was scary. We turned on the AC which helped a bit.


Tonight I did roasted potatoes in the air fryer, and more veggie sticks including some zucchini I bought last night. I also heated up some chicken nuggets and we had some sauces and a salad as well. I had everything put out on the table, and F left the room. I wasn’t too happy about that. He did come back to do him credit.


We had a good meal. K was a bit of a pain though. She grabs the nuggets without using the tongs or she stuck them in her hummus instead of a sauce! I tried not to mind too much. 


Of course, I got to do the dishes tonight. I was really tired, but happily, I hadn’t used any pots. There were lots of little plates for the sauces though, so the dishes did take a while. When I had finished the dishes, I did up the garbage in the kitchen. I put it in the genkan for F to take out tomorrow morning. 


I came upstairs with a bottle of sports drink as I was feeling in need of a boost. I did a complete change of clothes as everything I was wearing was wet. I sat on the bed for a few minutes and drank my drink and gradually felt a little better. 


F on the other hand has had a rough night. His stomach is giving him trouble again. He did take the garbage from upstairs down to put it in the entranceway. 


I took a shower and then came back upstairs. I watched Grey’s Anatomy which was okay tonight. Lots of things going on. I turned off the TV afterwards. I think F was mostly asleep by the time it finished. I went downstairs to take K’s breakfast downstairs. I also put the jug of mugi-cha I made earlier in the fridge.


I’ve spent my time watching YouTube and blogging. I’ll toddle off to bed soon. 


Tomorrow, I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to. I’m hoping that we won’t get so much rain that we have to evacuate. There are warnings out for flooding, thunderstorms and heavy rainfall. Near Yonezawa, quite far from here, people are evacuating.  I hope that things are okay for them. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: