September 19, 2022

Monday - Hot, humid and windy


There’s a typhoon coming in a day or two and we are feeling the effects already. It was so hot and humid today.  When my alarm went off this morning I was bathed in sweat. No wonder, our room was sitting at a sweltering 29.5°C.  I was not a happy camper. 


I got up and turned on the AC, changed and got mostly ready for going out. A little while later, F came upstairs and we decided to go out for lunch. I suggested the Grand El Sun, our wedding venue since we have a running joke about going there. He was okay with that!


We went to the Grand El Sun and had a lovely lunch. They had a drink bar open and I was the bringer of drinks for F and me.  We both had the roast pork and it was delicious. 


After lunch, we went over to Marica and parked the car. We walked over to the station and bought my last train ticket. Woot! I guess that I’m going to Toyama next month. Woot Woot!


We bought groceries for the next two days and then came back to the house to put them away. I thought that we were going to go out again for a drink, but F didn’t want to go anymore. We stayed at the house. I was rather annoyed, to be honest. I wanted to be here in the evening so I could watch Queen Elizabeth’s funeral.  It was horribly hot up here at first, but I got F to adjust the air conditioner so it cooled down. 


I watched the funeral both on YouTube and NHK. I got a little annoyed with NHK when they’d leave the BBC broadcast and babble in Japanese for a while. If it looked like it was important I might not have minded.


Around 8:30 pm I turned off the TV and suggested to F that we go out for dinner. Although he asked for udon or soba, I suggested sushi.  He went along with my idea.  We went to Kappa Sushi. It was okay but not great.  We did have some good fries though. 


We came back to the house and came upstairs. F took a shower and I watched an episode of Bake Off. It was the Christmas show where Paul and Mary talk about how to make Christmas food. It looked so good! I’m glad it isn’t that close to Christmas yet or I’d be weepy about the show.


And, that was my day. It was a bit too laidback for me to be honest. I am glad that I watched the funeral, but it seemed a bit too formal. Of course, she was the queen and I shouldn’t have expected anything else.


F is back to work tomorrow and I have to cook dinner again. I may have to clean up the kitchen first though. Ack. I’ve been doing the odd thing during the last few days, but K and F leave the kitchen in an unholy mess. I am rather upset about that!


Anyway, that’s it for me. Come back later if you like and read all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: