September 27, 2022

Tuesday - Cloudy and a bit rainy


I went to bed about an hour earlier than usual last night. It was a good thing as I woke up an hour earlier than usual. I woke up, got up and woke F up. He was quite fast asleep and didn’t move for ages.


When I came back upstairs I started getting dressed. F didn’t move, but finally got himself up and started moving around.  We left the house around 8 am.  We got to the hospital with about 2 minutes to spare.  Then, of course, we did the sit around and wait thing.


F was getting a consultation to see about his knees. I don’t want to go into too much detail, but we didn’t leave the hospital until 1pm.  


We went for lunch to Okazaki, F’s favourite fish place. Today their lunch was sashimi and shoga-yaki (ginger pork). We both had that. It was fine, but I thought the pieces of meat were too big. They also had a lot of green pepper on the plates so F nicely took it off my plate. 


We finished up and then came back to the area around S-Mall. F dropped me off at my hairdresser’s salon. I had a 2pm appointment.  I haven’t gone to the hairdresser since April (she checked!). My hair was so long and now it is so short, but I love it. She did her usual great cut and wash. It was fun for me.  F was a little late picking me up, so I texted him. He showed up a few minutes later.


We went to McDonald’s to have a drink. I had a cafe latte, and F had a sweet potato milkshake. He said it was too filling.


After our drinks, I went to the grocery store and picked up a couple of things for K’s dinner.  I got a few other things, including a couple of rice balls for breakfast for both K and F. Then, we came back to the house. F was tired and after giving his mother some food, we went upstairs. F had a noisy nap, I watched the news and relaxed with my computer. 


A couple of hours later, I suggested going out for dinner. I gave F a few options and he picked Gusto for us. On the way out, we checked the kitchen. The onigiri we had bought for K’s breakfast were gone. Sigh. I had told F not to put them out yet. She often eats things at the wrong time. 


We went to Gusto and had an okay meal. I had a hamburger patty and chicken, F had a Japanese meal and didn’t like it. We shared some fries and had drink bar too. I was the bringer of drinks again. 


When we finished our meal we went over to MaxValu and I went shopping for food. I bought groceries for the next couple of days. I’m going to make a pork stew tomorrow so I got the ingredients for that. It was a bit expensive. 


I was also lucky enough to find onigiri in the store. Usually, they are sold out by the time I get there. I picked up a couple of extra ones for K. 


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries. K was up again watching the funeral for former Prime Minister Abe on the news. F stayed downstairs and watched it with her too. 


When he came up we noticed that F had a lot of onigiri lying around. He had told me he had taken K’s onigiri down for her, but he hadn’t! She hadn’t eaten the onigiri at all!  Now both K and F can have 3 onigiri for breakfast tomorrow!


We had a quiet evening in. I watched a little TV and then turned off the TV. I got stuck into my blogging and doing some internet stuff. 


I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping that I’ll get a bit of laundry done and maybe start trying on clothes for my trip next month.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: