November 25, 2022

Friday - Sunny


I woke up this morning while F was still in the room. I said hello to him and then went downstairs. F left soon afterwards and I got up and got dressed. I went online and looked up a few things, checked my blog, and that kind of thing. I even did a small load of laundry, for the things I wear every day. 


When F came back I took a bit of a nap but got up soon after. We talked about going out for lunch and for a change I suggested going to the Daiichi Hotel. F was okay with the idea, so off we went. 


We checked out the menu outside the restaurant and went in.  We just had their lunch special which was grilled chicken with panko. It came with salad and a drink, plus bread or rice. We both had bread. The lunch was quite nice.  F got out his phone at the beginning and started watching TikTok again. He didn’t have a headphone with him so I suggested that he not listen to his phone right now. Although we weren’t really close to other people, it was annoying me and I figured that if I could hear it, other people might be able to too. He turned it off. Yay!  We even talked to each other, so that was nice. I did my best not to use my phone either.


We paid and left the restaurant. I did a quick shop at one of the shops in the mall and then we left. We went over to Shimamura and did a little shopping. I was looking for a birthday present for my nephew. We got a couple of things for him and also some socks for us. I got a belt too, for wearing with my pants. I desperately need a belt. I’ve been using suspenders, but they don’t look that great!


When we finished there, I went across to the grocery store. They have a small hundred yen shop from a different company and I wanted to check their yarn.  F followed me but decided he was tired and went back to the car. I picked up some glitter yarn, some thread, some Christmas platters and bowls, and a couple of other things. Yay me.  


F and I decided that we’d go and have a drink over at Komeda Coffee. We got a seat and looked at the menu. I noticed that they had a new dessert that was Black Thunder-flavoured. I like Black Thunder so decided to get it. I also decided to get the regular-sized one. F decided to get the mini-version. I thought the regular one would be fairly small anyway, so why not get it. Well, it was huge. Seriously big! We both ate our desserts and drank our coffees and then felt a bit full and more than a little sick!

This was huge but a little disappointing.

We got K a bento at the nearby grocery store and then came back to the house. F gave his mother her bento and came upstairs. Neither of us was hungry and I suggested waiting to see if would become hungry later. I was at my computer for a while and then went to bed for a snooze. 


When I woke up, I still wasn’t hungry. I didn’t eat for a while. F made himself some ramen. I took a shower and then grabbed some cereal and brought it upstairs to eat. I watched an episode of Truth Seekers and then found something else to watch. It had Richard Hammond in it, was a little funny. 


And that’s about it for my day. It was a pretty good day really and now we have to figure out what to do with ourselves tomorrow!


Come back later if you like and read about what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh wow, that looks pretty big for Japan! Glad you had a good day.

Helen said...

I know, right?! I was expecting something like the one my husband got, but this was huge. It wasn't really worth it though. Sigh. I find a lot of Japanese desserts just don't cut it!

Thanks for visiting and commenting :-)