June 11, 2023

Sunday - Cloudy and rainy, so humid


I went to bed around my usual time last night, so when my alarm went off this morning bright and early, I was still tired! I eventually dragged myself out of bed and got dressed. 


I had suggested that F go out and get a couple of bentos for K, but he didn’t leave until after 9:30. This was annoying since we planned to leave at 10 am. He came back and told me that his sister had come over this morning and had taken his mother out for the day, so he really didn’t need to go and buy all that food! Oh dear.


We eventually got in the car and on our way. I was rather annoyed since I wanted to have breakfast out, but it finishes at 10:30 am. We left at 10:20 and there was no way to make it in time. Particularly since F had to buy gas first. Head shake. We went to Gusto and F complained about it as usual. Hey, I wanted to be there in time to have  breakfast! He was late. I’m not sure that he takes responsibility for that. 


Anyway, we had an early lunch and then headed out. I set up my iPod with some good tunes and then promptly fell asleep. I slept most of the way to Yamagata. Sorry F. We went into the Sagae rest stop for a break and a drink, but made really good time. Our first stop in Yamagata city was the Aeon Mall. 


We did a little shopping in the Aeon Mall. F got some pyjama bottoms for his hospital stay. I made him get shorts with no metal in case he has to have x-rays or MRIs. He also bought himself a Jinbei, or a Japanese pyjama set. That was quite expensive. I looked for some clothes for me but didn’t find anything I wanted. I even looked for men’s socks, but couldn’t find any either. Sigh. 


I hit up the Kaldi for my favourite rooibos tea and then F and I went back to the car. We drove out and finally ended up at Costco.


At Costco, the weather was really bad so we knew that everyone would like a good parking space under cover. I didn’t know if we’d get one. However, we found a really good one, that was lucky. It was close to the entrance, but behind a wall so wasn’t easy to see.


We went in and after a few minutes, F took off to have a drink and maybe a hotdog. I did a lot of shopping. I picked up a lot of our usual things and also picked up a few other things. I got cereal for myself so that was good. I also bought a set of sheets for our bed. I liked the colour! I got some junk food of course, but most of it is to share. 


After I paid for our goods, we took them to the car and packed them away.  We went back into Costco so that I could have a snack and a drink. I had a cheeseburger and soda and after that I had a black cherry sundae. That was very nice!  F had had his snack earlier and when I bought my cheeseburger I had bought him a sundae. I couldn’t carry anymore!


We left Costco and drove back to Tsuruoka. I fell asleep again, but didn’t sleep quite as much as I did on the way to Yamagata. Near Kushibiki F asked me if I wanted to have dinner soon and where. I suggested going to the Chinese restaurant in Kushibiki and we were able to go there about 5 minutes later! 


We both ended up having the same thing, mapo-dofu on yakisoba. It was good, but in all honesty, it was too big for me. I asked F if he’d got a call from the glasses shop today and he told me that they called on FRIDAY! What?! We went out on Friday, so I get that we couldn’t pick them up then, but why didn’t we go and pick them up on Saturday. F insists that he told me, but I have no memory of this. I think he thought about telling me, but didn’t. He often does this kind of thing. I’m rather annoyed.


On the way back to Tsuruoka, I started to feel a little sick. I opened the window, but the air wasn’t that fresh outside. I burped a few times and felt slightly better, but not that much. We got to MaxValu and I went in and picked up a few things for F and K and my lunches etc. 


When we got back to the house, we unloaded the car and put things away. F did his usual thing of putting my stuff on the table and leaving it. Just leave it alone! I took a bunch of things upstairs because F had to use the washroom. He was in there a long, long time!


Upstairs, I took a bit of a nap and felt better eventually. I even took a shower in case I do go out tomorrow. I may go over to Mikawa to see a movie and do a little shopping if I can. 


So, that’s it for my day. It turned out okay for the most part. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: