August 13, 2023

 Sunday - Hot and Sunny


We slept in this morning and that was very nice. I just didn’t bother to get up early! F stayed in bed quite late too. Around 12 I suggested going out for lunch if we could find a place that K could come too. I asked F to phone a couple of places, but there were no answers. He decided to make her something instead, so he went downstairs and made her brunch.


Since it was a little late, I suggested going to either the restaurant I like at the Bus Depot or Cocos. F added one extra on the list when we were in the car but when we checked it, it wasn’t open. The Bus Depot place was open and relatively busy. It’s the kind of place where you buy tickets and put your name on a list for a table. F didn’t put his name on the list until a bit late, so other people snagged our table! 


Today we had the Pair Set. That’s grilled pork on rice with a bowl of miso nabe, pickles and salad. I really like it. We enjoyed our meal and then left. I had asked for a pitstop over at K’s Denki so we did that and then left. 


We went over to the Art Museum and parked. F was lucky and we parked in the handicapped/close parking. We paid and saw an exhibit about Botanical Art and Wedgwood. It was great, science meeting art. There wasn’t enough Wedgwood for me, but the drawings were beautiful. We took quite a few rests as F’s knee was very painful today. When we finished, we bought some tea at the gift shop area. I’m looking forward to it.


We followed this up with a trip to Starbucks. I wanted to try the new Watermelon Frappucino. It was very good. It tasted a lot like watermelon, but a little artificial. F didn’t have the same one, he had his usual one.

Gaburi Suica Frappucino

We decided to pick up bentos for dinner, so F took me to a grocery store and I went in. I picked up 3 bentos and a few other things, and then we returned to the house.


I thought we’d all eat together, but F didn’t want to eat around 7 pm. Okay then. Around 7:30 he didn’t want to eat them either, so I went downstairs and heated up a bento for K. I gave her a drink as well. I didn’t go upstairs immediately, I watered the plants outside. We didn’t do it yesterday as it rained. Today they needed it. 


After a while, F went downstairs and grabbed a bento and heated it up. I went down a bit later and grabbed mine, heated it up and came upstairs to eat. I watched another episode of The Walking Dead and then I fired up the Fire Stick and watched last night’s CSI: Las Vegas.  After that, I checked out another app on the Fire Stick and ended up watching the first episode of It’s a Living, a very old sitcom from the US. It was okay, it hadn’t gelled yet. I remember watching it when I was younger, up until Ann Jillian left the show I think. 


And that’s about it for my day. I’m not sure what I’m going to do tomorrow. I have plans for Tuesday, but right now, nothing for Monday. I hope that F is feeling better. I worry that I’m making him do too much on the weekends!


Anyway, come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: