September 4, 2023

Monday - Hot but cloudy, humid


I woke up early this morning, went downstairs and then came back to bed. I turned off my alarms at 8 a.m. and just slept a bit late! F had gone to sleep after I did last night and he was up again playing with his computer this morning when I woke up. I don’t know when he slept!


I got up around 10:40 or so and started to get dressed. A bit later, F came back to the room and we began the eternal quest to pick someplace to go for lunch. I felt like some pasta today and told F. We started thinking about pasta places but when I looked up one F had suggested, it wasn’t open today. Oh dear. Finally, I suggested just going to a cheaper keiten sushi and then we could just order what we wanted to eat. 


F agreed with me, so we drove off to Kula Sushi. We got right in and had a fairly decent meal. We ordered some fries and they came with a curry flavouring. I asked F if he wanted me to use all of the flavouring packet and he said yes. Unfortunately, it was really strong and didn’t taste all that great. We had quite a decent meal and we both had too much to eat! We got some cafe lattes as well, which is unusual for us. 


After lunch, we visited a drugstore and then went to the grocery store. I went in and bought a few things from the store for dinner. I got some potatoes and an onion, plus some other things for my cooking. When I got back to the car, I let F know that they didn’t have any baguettes for him. He’s been hoping to have some hard French bread, but it is hard to find sometimes. We drove around looking for places to buy bread, but they were closed. We went into one place and they told us that the only place in their chain that sold it was across the city. F wanted to go for it!


We drove over to the Kimura Factory store and they did have some French bread. We bought it and they gave us some mugi-cha to drink. We sat for a couple of minutes and then we moved on.


We went to Co-op next and I went to Daiso. F came in for a few minutes but then went back to the car. I picked up a few things for my trip and also bought a few things to replace things that I had given away. 


We came back to the house after this and I relaxed for a while. I watched a little YouTube and then went downstairs to get started on dinner.


Tonight I decided I’d cook. I had bought some guacamole in individual packs at Costco, so we had tortilla chips, salsa and guacamole, I roasted some veggies and then added in some Costco sausages at the end. I sliced the bread and warmed up the butter. We also had a salad which I put out on the table. I called K and F came down and we had a nice meal. It wasn’t the healthiest I suppose, but it was rather good. 


I did the dishes and cleaned up some of the kitchen afterwards. I watered the plants outside and then said goodnight to K. I haven’t spent much time with her lately since I haven’t been cooking or staying in the house much.


I went upstairs to relax. I basically took off my clothes to dry off. It was hot in the kitchen. F and I had talked about taking showers and I was hoping he would go first, but he hadn’t gone by 10:30. I decided that I would go first. 


I took some dishes downstairs when I went down, so I washed my dishes and then filled up my water bottles for the room. I took my shower and then came upstairs afterwards. 


F took his shower quite a bit later, but he did take it, so good on him. 


We didn’t watch any TV tonight, which is a little sad, but oh well. 


I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: